Complete online alcohol and sexual assault education
Because we care about your health, your safety, and your success, and because we are concerned for the welfare of the community, Alcohol and Sexual Assault Awareness Edu for College, an online alcohol education course, is mandatory for all first-year undergraduate students at Ohio University. Though you may have learned about alcohol use and abuse in high school, you'll find the course is interesting and gets you involved. It includes instant feedback, video clips, and comparisons to other college students. It takes about 2.5 hours to complete and can be taken on any computer that has audio capabilities and is connected to the internet.
All first-year undergraduate Ohio University students are required to successfully complete the online alcohol and sexual assault education course.
- College credit hours earned in high school do not exempt you from this requirement, regardless of the number of hours you earned.
- If you are transferring from another college or university, and have transferred fewer than 20 credit hours to Ohio University, you must take the course.
- If you are relocating to the Athens campus from a regional campus of Ohio University and have fewer than 20 credit hours, you must take the course.
- If you can document that you have successfully completed an alcohol and sexual assault education course elsewhere, you can provide documentation to the Office of Health Promotion and request exemption from this requirement.
Getting Started and Deadlines
You may begin taking the online alcohol and sexual assault education course on July 15, 2015. All you need to take the course is an activated OHIO ID and password and a computer with access to the Internet and audio capabilities.
The course has two sections:
- The first part of the course takes about 2.5 hours to complete, and we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings. This section ends with the Final Exam and Survey 2. You must earn a grade of 80 or higher to pass the course. If you fail to achieve an 80, you need to retake the Final Exam until you do.
- About a month and a half after you complete the Final Exam and Survey 2, you will receive an e-mail asking you to complete Chapter 4 and a brief, final survey. The total time needed for this section is approximately 15 minutes.
- Getting Started
Information for Parents & Families
Review the 2015-2016 academic calendar
Enable your OHIO online services
Alcohol and sexual assault education available online
View online arrival guide for students
Fall semester account balance due
Complete Health History Form
Start fall semester classes