Quick Jump to Facts About:
Unless otherwise indicated, the figures given below refer to the 2006-07 academic year. All were provided by the Office of Institutional Research.
The Campus (2007)
The centerpiece of the historic Athens campus is the College Green, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Cutler Hall, built on the green in 1816, is a National Historic Landmark.
- The Athens main campus consists of 200 buildings on 1,800 acres.
- Athens is about 75 miles southeast of Columbus, the state capital.
- Regional campuses are located in Chillicothe, Ironton, Lancaster, St. Clairsville and Zanesville.
Students (2006-07 academic year)
- 28,442 students:
- 20,146 on the Athens campus
- 464 in continuing education
- 7,832 on regional campuses
- 17,207 Ohio residents, Athens campus
- 1,895 out-of-state residents
- 1,044 international students
- 938 full-time and 340 part-time faculty, Athens campus (including OU-COM faculty)
- The mean ACT score of first-year undergraduate students is 24
- 15% of the first-year undergraduate students ranked in the top 10% of their high school class
- Full accreditation from the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Departments, colleges, and schools have accreditation from their professional accrediting agencies
- Ohio University is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as a high activity research institution
- Phi Beta Kappa; other national honorary societies
Degree Granting Units
- 276 undergraduate majors
- Master's degrees in nearly all academic areas
- Doctoral degrees from selected departments
- Degree in Osteopathic Medicine
- Undergraduate, full-time (taking 11-20 credit hours per quarter)
Ohio residents $2,832/quarter*
Room and Board $2,613/quarter (standard double, 20-meal plan)
Books and Supplies $825/year (estimate)
- Graduate, full-time (taking 9-18 credit hours per quarter)
- Ohio Residents $3,126/quarter
- Nonresidents $5,790/quarter
- * Some colleges require an additional technology fee.
- Visit the Vice President for Finance and Administration's Web page for a complete breakdown of tuition and fees for all campuses.
- 158,579 living alumni, including 6,332 in other countries
- 62 alumni chapters
- For further alumni information, check the Alumni Relations Home Page
Research centers and institutes include:
Other facilities include:
- 2.7 million print and electronic volumes
- 22,081 periodical subscriptions
- Each floor of Alden Library is about the size of a football field
- 50 miles of shelving in the seven-story main Alden Library building
Revenues and Expenditures
- Combined endowment for Ohio University and the Ohio University Foundation at the end of fiscal year 2005, $200 million
- Actual expenditures of $493 million for all university operations on campus
- Annual payroll exceeding $310 million
Phone Numbers (Area Code: 740)
- To send mail to any party at the university, please use the following address format:
- Addressee Name
Building and Room Number
- Athens, OH 45701
- If you need to locate more specific contact information for an Ohio University student, or faculty or staff member, please try the online University Directory.