ATHENS, Ohio -- As a result of computer upgrades in the residence halls over the summer, Ohio University will be selling approximately 1,800 computers to registered students, Oct. 21-24.
The used computers will be sold for $100 each (limit one per student) and will be distributed on a first come, first-served basis while supplies last. Computers can be purchased from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Ohio University's property at 751 West Union Street.
Purchasers must present a valid student I.D. and must sign an EULA software agreement. Method of payment must be cash or check. No advance sales, phone sales or shipping will be available.
Only the CPU will be sold. Purchasers may, however, choose to take a used mouse and keyboard at no additional cost when they pick up their computers. None of the merchandise is guaranteed.
Guidelines for purchase:
- Ohio University registered students only. Students must present a valid student I.D. Limit one computer per student.
- Students must sign a EULA software agreement to purchase computer.
- Computers available on a first come, first-served basis while supplies last from October 21-25, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. at 751 West Union Street (see directions below).
- Only cash or checks accepted for payment. Payment must be made when computer is picked up ($100 per computer).
- No advance sales, no phone sales and no shipping available.
SCE Computer Specifications
Model: Gateway E-1400
Case: 5-bay highly serviceable, convertible case
Processor: 566 Mhz Celeron processor, 128 MB Ram, 6 - 8 GB hard drive
CD Rom: 48 X CD-Rom drive
Floppy drive: 3.5" 1.44 MB floppy diskette drive
Zip drive: 100 MB zip drive
Programs: Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Office XP
DIRECTIONS TO ROUTE 56 PROPERTY:
From the Convocation Center: Follow South Shafer Street to West Union Street. At the traffic light, turn west onto West Union Street. Continue on West Union Street approximately 1 1/4 miles to 751 West Union Street. The building is the third commercial property on the left (watch for signs).
From the Richland Avenue/Route 682 intersection: Take Route 682 to West Union Street. At the traffic light, turn left onto West Union Street. Continue on West Union Street for approximately 1 1/4 miles to 751 West Union. The building is the third commercial property on the left (watch for signs).
For more information, contact Ohio University Property Management at 593-0463.
[ 30 ]