ATHENS, Ohio (May 7, 2004) -- Noted author, speaker, business consultant and former Ohio University Management Associate Professor Kenneth Blanchard will present a special lecture, "Leadership in a Fast-Paced World," at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, May 13 in room 135 of the new Margaret M. Walter Hall at Ohio University. The event is free and open to the public.
The lecture will be Webcast to Ohio University's regional campuses for their students and the business community. In the late 1960s, Blanchard was an associate professor of management for three years in Ohio University's College of Business before leaving to teach at the University of Massachusetts.
Few people have created more of a positive impact on the day-to-day management of people and companies than Blanchard. A prominent, gregarious, sought-after author, speaker and business consultant, he is universally characterized by friends, colleagues and clients as one of the most insightful, powerful and compassionate men in business today.
When Blanchard speaks, he speaks from the heart with warmth and humor. His unique gift is to speak to an audience and communicate with each individual as if they were alone and talking one on one. He is a polished storyteller with a knack for making the seemingly complex easy to understand.
His impact as a writer is far reaching. "The One Minute Manager®," coauthored with Spencer Johnson, has sold more than 17 million copies worldwide in 27 languages and still regularly appears on best-seller lists over 20 years since it was first released!
The following is a list of Ken and his coauthors' 17 business bestsellers to date:
- "One Minute Manager®" (1981, with Spencer Johnson)
- "Putting the One Minute Manager to Work" (1984, with Bob Lorber)
- "Leadership and the One Minute Manager" (1985, with Drea and Patricia Zigarmi)
- "The Power of Ethical Management" (1988, with Norman Vincent Peale)
- "The One Minute Manager Meets the Monkey" (1989, with William Oncken Jr., and Hal Burrows)
- "Raving Fans®" (1993, with Sheldon Bowles)
- "Everyone's a Coach" (1995, with Don Shula)
- "Empowerment Takes More Than a Minute" (1996, with John Carlos, and Alan Randolph)
- "Mission Possible" (1997, with Terry Waghorn)
- "Managing by Values" (1997, with Michael O'Connor)
- "Gung Ho!®" (1998, with Sheldon Bowles)
- "Heart of a Leader" (1999)
- "One Minute Manager Builds High Performing Teams" (2000, with Don Carew, and Eunice Paris-Carew)
- "High Five!™" (2001, with Sheldon Bowles)
- "Whale Done!™" (2002, with Thad Lacinak, Chuck Tompkins, and Jim Ballard)
- "Full Steam Ahead!™" (2003, with Jesse Stoner)
- "The Leadership Pill™" (2003, with Marc Muchnick)
Blanchard is chairman and "chief spiritual officer" of The Ken Blanchard Companies -- a global leader in workplace learning, employee productivity and leadership and team effectiveness. Using Blanchard solutions, clients increase their impact as leaders, thus enabling them to achieve strategic objectives and drive organizational results. The Ken Blanchard Companies programs are designed not only to help people learn new concepts but also to ensure that they cross the bridge from learning to doing.
Throughout the years, he has received many awards and honors for his contributions in the field of management and leadership:
- National Speakers Association's highest award, the Council of Peers Award of Excellence
- Toastmaster International's Golden Gavel Award
- Training magazine's and Lakewood Conference's Human Resource Development (HRD) Hall of Fame
- The American Society of Training and Development (ASTD) Distinguished Contribution to Human Resource Development Award
- International Management Council's McFeely Award, putting him alongside such honorees as W. Edwards Deming and Peter Drucker
He has been a guest on a number of national television programs, including "Good Morning America" and "The Today Show," and has been featured in Time, People, U.S. News & World Report and a host of other popular publications.
[ 30 ]
Media Contact: Jack Barr, (740) 597-1434 or email@example.com