Green House Project accepts applications
Apr 23, 2008
The Green House Project is now accepting applications from students and landlords interested in improving the efficiency of off-campus rental units in Athens. Public information sessions and cookouts will be held throughout spring quarter to promote the pilot project.
Funded by the Sugarbush Foundation, the Green House Project seeks to heighten awareness among Ohio University students and their landlords of the relationship between energy use, utility costs and climate change. The project will provide for energy-efficiency audits of housing units and the dissemination of information, recommendations and financial support to students and landlords interested in making related improvements.
Information sessions for landlords will be held at the Athens Chamber of Commerce from 5 to 6 p.m. Monday, May 19, and noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, May 21. Preregistration is required.
Cookouts for student tenants will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. at the following dates and locations:
- Sunday, May 4: West Green, Stocker Center lawn
- Wednesday, May 7: Mill Street entrance to the Seigfred Hall parking lot
- Saturday, May 10: Lamborn's Studio & Custom Framing parking lot, at the corner of West State and North Congress streets
- Sunday, May 11: South Green, front four lawn
- Saturday, May 24: ARTS/West, 132 W. State St.
- Sunday, June 1: East Green, between Bush and Washington halls
For more information about the project or to preregister for an information session for landlords, visit www.ohio.edu/GreenHouseProject/ or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
-- Monica Chapman
Green House Project: http://www.ohio.edu/greenhouseproject/
Office of Sustainability: http://www.ohio.edu/sustainability/
Sustainability project lands $50,000 grant: http://www.ohio.edu/outlook/07-08/January/250.cfm
Published: Apr 23, 2008 10:33 AM