Oct. 24, 2006
Aminah Robinson art installation
Scenes from Ohio artist Aminah Robinson's life and times in Poindexter Village are permanently laid in the atrium floor.
This multipurpose lounge overlooks the pond on the east side of the building and has outdoor seating as well. It features free billiards for students and is a great place to read, study or hang out.
Catering Office (Room 125)
This office serves those needing to arrange catering services in the building or elsewhere on campus.
This full-service computer lab features both Macs and PCs and is open all the hours that the building is open.
The food court offers seven unique food concepts in one great space and features plenty of outdoor seating:
- Verde Blanco: Tex-Mex fare featuring giant burritos made to your taste
- The Brick Oven: Custom pizzas in a hearth oven and other Italian dishes
- McGuffey's Grill: Build your own off-the-grill classics
- Jade: Featuring Asian Pho Bowls and Pad Thai specials
- The Ivy Deli: Classic deli sandwiches with gourmet cheeses
- The College Greens: Four soups daily, sushi, customized salads and more
- The Fast Lane: Ready-to-go meals, fresh baked goods, coffee, smoothies
In the center of the atrium on the first floor, the desk is open whenever the building is open and is a place to ask questions or get directions related to the building or Ohio University.
Latitude 39 Restaurant
Latitude 39, Ohio University's fine dining restaurant, features choices for lunch and dinner, served amid striking views of campus, which rests on the 39th parallel.
Maggi Davis Dining Room (Room 120)
Named for former Ohio University luminary Maggi Davis, former head of resident services, this is a semi-private dining room adjacent to the food court where faculty and others can enjoy a quiet meal from the food court.
These 11 fully equipped spaces accommodate groups of up to 100 and are available in conference, meeting and theater seating formats.
With a hardwood floor and able to be divided in half, this 3,000-square-foot space can be used for everything from dances and banquets to meetings and performances.
This general-purpose theater has 225 seats and high-end audio-visual capabilities. It is most suitable for films, speakers, panel discussions and formal presentations as well as hosting a comedian or a concert. The theater is the home of Office of Admissions information sessions for prospective students and their families.
Multicultural Center (moving from Lindley Hall)
The former but expanded Lindley Cultural Center, features an art gallery, a multipurpose room, a computer lab, a resource library and space for the Office of Multicultural Programs
These four fully equipped spaces accommodate groups of up to 20 and are available in conference, meeting and theater seating formats.
Student Organization Support
Amanda Cunningham Leadership Center featuring business services for student organizations:
- Student Leadership Advisers
- Student Organization Accounts (moving from Chubb Hall)
- Student Organization Mail Center
- Student Organization Office Center
Student Media Offices
- All-Campus Radio Network (moving from RTV Building)
- Athena Yearbook (moving from Baker University Center)
- Athens Video Works (moving from RTV Building)
- The Post newspaper (moving from Baker University Center)
Student Programming Organization Offices
- Black Student Cultural Programming Board (moving from Baker University Center)
- International Student Union (moving from Baker University Center)
- Resident's Action Council (moving from the O'Bleness House)
- University Program Council (moving from Baker University Center)
Student Governance Offices
- Graduate Student Senate (moving from Lindley Hall)
- Student Senate (moving from Baker University Center)
- Student Trustees
Greek Governance Councils
- Interfraternity Council (moving from Baker University Center)
- National Pan-Hellenic Council (moving from Baker University Center)
- Women's Panhellenic Association (moving from Baker University Center)
- Baker University Center Administration (moving from Baker University Center)
- Campus Life (moving from Baker University Center)
- Community Service (moving from Baker University Center)
- Dean of Students (moving from Baker University Center)
- International Student and Faculty Services (moving from Scott Quad)
- LGBT Programs Center (moving from Baker University Center)
- Off-Campus Living (moving from Baker University Center)
- Residence Life (moving from Scott Quad)
- University Judiciaries (moving from Baker University Center)
Art Gallery (moving from the Trisolini House)
A program of the School of Art, the gallery features regular shows of student, faculty and professional artists.
Bobcat Essentials sells a wide variety of must-have items, including university-themed clothing.
The largest space of its kind in the building, the Grand Ballroom accommodates groups of up to 1,000 theater style with banquet seating for up to 500. It features ample pre-function space and a balcony overlooking campus to the south.
Front Room Coffeehouse
A campus classic, The Front Room Coffeehouse is a "home away from home" for students and faculty, serving an array of gourmet coffees along with daily selections of chef-prepared hot sandwiches, soups and baked goods. Live music, comedy and other events, great food and coffee, stimulating conversation and views of Emeriti Park to the south and the College Green to the north make The Front Room a new twist on an old favorite.
A quiet lounge off the College Green entrance to the building, this space honors academic achievement and scholastic excellence at Ohio University.
At the left of the atrium as you enter on the College Green entrance on the fourth floor, the desk is open whenever the building is open and is a place to ask questions or get directions related to the building or Ohio University.
Student Help Center
The Student Help Center helps students find information, get a referral or solve a problem. It is a program of University College and Student Affairs.
U.S. Postal Service
Mail a package, get a stamp or make a copy.
The Ohio University Women's Center is a focal point for education, awareness and advocacy about women, gender and diversity among faculty, staff and students at Ohio University and beyond. It offers resources and programs that encourage partnerships, research, collaboration, leadership and mentoring.
These four fully equipped spaces accommodate groups up to 20 and are available in conference, meeting and theater seating formats.
A longtime favorite in the original Baker University Center, this formal lounge is perfect for quiet study, receptions and intimate formal gatherings.
Career Center (moving from Lindley Hall)
This state-of-the-art Career Center features a training room, computer resource lab and interview rooms to serve visiting employers. It houses the administrative offices of the Office of Career Services.
These amenities are available in or around the building:
- Elevator from Parking Garage to first floor
- Escalators from first through fourth floors
- Elevator from first through fifth floors
- Lounges and casual study space
- Outdoor seating (four locations)
- Parking garage (170 spaces, $1-per-hour for all; 50 monthly paid permits
- Parking lot (96 spaces available to faculty/staff before 5 p.m. daily and open to public evenings and weekends)
- Public copiers
- Public printers
- Student organization table space
- Wireless access