ATHENS, Ohio (April 16, 2007) -- Ohio University will reassemble its Alcohol Policy Implementation Team with the charge of conducting a review of the university's revised alcohol policy that went into effect last fall quarter.
"It is important that we examine how the policy implementation has gone thus far so we can make any needed adjustments in time for the next academic year," said Dean of Students Terry Hogan.
The Alcohol Policy Implementation Team was formed last summer to make recommendations regarding the implementation of a revised alcohol policy. The revised alcohol policy is part of the university's comprehensive strategy to reduce high-risk drinking by using effective discipline, intervention, communication, law enforcement, student engagement, community development, assessment and implementation.
Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs Judy Piercy will again chair the team that is made up of the following members:
- Lydia Gerthoffer, student member of the Board of Trustees
- Christopher Diehl, Student Senate's Residence Life commissioner
- Leah Moon, student
- Elin Driana, graduate student and research assistant
- Malcolm Smith, interim director, University Judiciaries
- Jeanne Heaton, director, Counseling and Psychological Services
- Char Kopchick, director, Health Education and Wellness
- Jason Webber, BASICS coordinator
The team will be asked to submit a report of its findings to the Division of Student Affairs leadership by June 1.
[ 30 ]
Media Contact: Media Specialist George Mauzy, 740-597-1794 or firstname.lastname@example.org