Local coalition to meet about improving health care
ATHENS, Ohio (Nov. 3, 2005) -- The Organization for Health Improvement in Appalachia, a local coalition of professionals whose goal is to improve health care in the region, will meet Monday, Nov. 7, from noon to 1 p.m. in room 125 at O'Bleness Hospital to discuss dental services for patients in Athens County with financial need.
Presenters will include: Nick Huston of Friends of Appalachia; Tara Wallace of the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services for Athens County; and Debbi Fulks and Jill Barber, who are involved in the Dental Sealant Program for the Athens City/County Health Department.
Lunch will be served, but reservations should be made by calling Kristi Brown at 592-9300 by 3 p.m. Friday, Nov. 4.
The group will also seat some new board members at the meeting. The board includes:
- President - Gary Neiman, dean, Ohio University College of Health and Human Services
- Vice President- Ellen Martin, Health Recovery Services
- Secretary - John Costanzo, superintendent, Athens-Meigs Educational Service Center
- Treasurer - Lynn Anastas, vice president of community relations, O'Bleness Hospital
- Mike Turner, United Seniors of Athens
- Kathy Trace, Community Services Program, Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Marnie Frey, president/CEO, Appalachian Community Visiting Nurse Association, Hospice and Health Services Inc.
[ 30 ]
Media Contact: Media Specialist Jack Jeffery, (740) 597-1793 or firstname.lastname@example.org