ATHENS, Ohio (April 15, 2005) -- The third in a series of four public conversations with Ohio University faculty and staff highlighting diversity at Ohio University will take place on Wednesday, April 20, at noon in the Baker University Center 1804 Lounge.
The panel, titled "Out in Academia: The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Experience at Ohio University," will be moderated by Mickey J. Hart, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Programs coordinator. The panel will feature a welcome by David N. Descutner, dean of University College and associate provost for undergraduate education.
The panelists will be:
- Donald E. Adleta, Professor, Art
- Laurie J. Burkland, Resident Director, Residence Life East Green
- Ronald J. Hunt, Professor and Chair, Political Science
- Brian D. McCoy, Administrative Associate, Teacher Education
- Judith Millesen, Assistant Professor, Political Science
- Ann Rathbun, Assistant Professor, Health Sciences
The purpose of this series of panels is to provide an opportunity for people to gather and hear first-hand what the experiences of different diverse groups on campus bring to Ohio University and its surrounding community. They will feature personal narratives as well as suggestions for making Ohio University a more inclusive and diverse place. All are invited to attend.
The panels are sponsored by the Office of the President, the Office of the Provost, the Office of the University Ombuds, the Office for Institutional Equity and the MLK Committee.
[ 30 ]
Media Contact: Media Specialist George Mauzy, (740) 597-1794 or firstname.lastname@example.org