Summer Sessions offers many benefits to students
March 28, 2005
Whether you're starting a degree or completing one, Ohio University offers many options for summer learning. With a wide range of undergraduate and graduate courses, the university's two five-week Summer Sessions offers students a wide variety of benefits.
- Ensure on-time or early graduation - Summer Sessions offers students a great opportunity to earn up to 20 hours of credit during both sessions combined. By either catching up or getting ahead on credit hours, students have the opportunity to fulfill requirements or explore new course offerings.
- Easy, fast registration - With fewer students on campus during Summer Sessions, it is easier for students to take courses that typically fill up quickly.
- Various class formats - Choose from a variety of class formats. Pick from online, evening, weekend and one-, two- or three-week specialized-topic courses in communication, the arts, business, education and the sciences.
- Get to know your professors - Summer Sessions offers smaller classes with a more relaxed and informal atmosphere, allowing for more peer and instructor interaction.
- Enjoy a friendly, diverse community - With more than 6,000 students attending Summer Sessions in Athens, many students find this the perfect opportunity to meet new people, while enjoying a relaxing summer with old friends.
- Utilize shorter time periods - Ohio University offers two Summer Sessions, each five weeks long. Students are able to enroll for both sessions or select a session that best works for them. This flexibility allows for time with families, friends or summer jobs and internships.
- Take advantage of new course offerings - Summer Sessions allows faculty the ability to experiment with using new formats and different teaching methods. This provides students with the chance to take classes that are only offered during the summer.
Summer Sessions will be held from June 20-July 22 and July 25-Aug. 26. Registration begins April 1. For more information e-mail email@example.com or call (740) 593-2583.