Fall semester orientation on Thursday, July 11, 2013 or Friday, July 12, 2013 for transfer students attending the Athens campus. Classes for fall semester begin on Monday, August 26, 2013. Registration is available Wednesday, May 15, 2013, at 9:00am through your my.ohio.edu portal. This registration system is a first-come, first-served system. Transfer students will attend one full day of orientation.
Additional information from the Director coming soon
Summer semester orientation on Friday, June 28, 2013 is for students attending the Athens campus second summer session. Classes for second summer session begin Monday, July 1, 2013. Registration will open through your my.ohio.edu portal on Monday, May 13, 2013.
June 28th Orientation Schedule coming soon
Additional information from the Director coming soon
Student Orientation Fees: $35
Parent/Guest Orientation Fees: $15
Fees include lunch!
Students will receive information about Orientation once they have become confirmed with Ohio University that they will be attending. This means they have:
paid their $200 housing fee, or
filled out the housing waiver, if they are commuting or living off-campus
All students admitted to Ohio University will receive information regarding Orientation. Students' personal identification number (PID) and directions to access the Orientation web reservation system will be mailed approximately two months prior to the actual orientation dates. Since Orientation serves all first-year and transfer students coming to Ohio University, dates available are on a first-come, first-served basis.
Because we want each student to receive individual attention from student and faculty advisors, only a certain number of students can attend each Orientation session. Please note, we do not accept reservations over the phone. Once you have completed your Orientation reservation on the website, you can print a copy of the reservation for your reference. If you have any questions or concerns about the Orientation process, please call us at (740) 593-1951 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is available only online at my.ohio.edu. Here are the steps to register for Orientation:
Beginning May 15th, at 9:00am, you may go to "MyOhio" at http://my.ohio.edu.
Click on the tab labeled "My Applications" and look for the box called Bobcat Student Orientation.
From there, access the online reservation system for Bobcat Student Orientation.
Choose the date that you would like as your first day of Orientation.
Enter your parent/guest information.
Print a copy of the confirmation letter and bring it with you to Orientation.
Shortly after you complete your reservation more specific information will be sent to you including a confirmation letter and a detailed Orientation brochure.
We are very excited that you'll be coming to Transfer Student Orientation soon. We have some important news for you to make sure your experience is informative and pleasant.
In order to be prepared to register for classes during orientation, please be sure to complete or review the following items prior to attending orientation.
1. Request a final a transcript from your previous institution be sent to Ohio University Admission's Office, 120 Chubb Hall;
2. Watch TECH 1010 and make sure that you have access to your Ohio University email account and your online My OHIO Student Center;
3. Review the catalog information for your college and major in the online Undergraduate Catalog. Click on your college in the list located on the left side of the page, select your major, and read the information about general education, college, and major requirements. This information will be helpful during your academic sessions at Orientation;
4. Decide if you need to take the chemistry or foreign language placement tests. Visit the placement information page to find out more about placement testing;
5. Visit the Math placement page and determine your math placement level based on Chart #1. If your major requires a higher math placement than you earned, based on checklist item #3 above, you should take the Math placement prior to coming to Orientation. If you are unsure whether to take the placement, contact your college office;
6. Join My Ohio Mobile! My Ohio Mobile is a free program that works with OHIO to help inform student by text of the best deals in Athens. Join today by texting Ohio to 86714 or by visiting www.myoumobile.com.
Ohio University offers many learning communities for first-year students. Visit the Learning Communities website because you can still sign-up for a community at orientation.
Please email Cimmeron O'Connor in the Office of Orientation Programs, email@example.com, with any special needs (parking, special dietary requirements, campus transportation) you may have to make your orientation a great experience. In order to have enough time to make these arrangements please provide 10 days notice.
Before you leave home, check the construction detours and parking closures at Ohio University! This information is now available through Google Maps.
You never know what might happen on your way to orientation - slow traffic, realizing your forgot your photo ID, you get lost - so leave early for your orientation session. Some of you are travelling very far so you might want to consider arriving the evening before your orientation. The last thing you want is to be late on your first day at Ohio University!
Orientation will be an informative exciting experience. Please call us at (740) 593-1951 if you have questions. We look forward to seeing you soon in Athens.
If you plan on staying over night in a residence hall the night before Orientation or the night after your Orientation session, please call to make a reservation (740) 566-9700. The rate is $28.00 per person per night, which will be billed to your student account. Please have your PID number ready when you call to make a reservation.