Spring semester orientation is for new Ohio University students attending the Athens campus. Classes for spring semester begin on Monday, January 13, 2014. Registration will be available Tuesday, October 1, 2013 through your my.ohio.edu portal.
Student Orientation Fees $40
Guest Orientation Fees $15
Students will receive information about Orientation once they have become confirmed with Ohio University that they will be attending. This means they have:
All students admitted to Ohio University will receive information regarding Orientation.
Once you have completed your Orientation reservation on the website, you can print a copy of the reservation for your reference. If you have any questions or concerns about the Orientation process, please call us at (740) 593-1951 or e-mail us at email@example.com. Please note, we do not accept reservations over the phone.
Registration is available only online at my.ohio.edu. Here are the steps to register for Orientation:
Please keep the schedule mailed with your invitation letter. Additionally, we will have schedules and maps at check-in.
We are very excited that you'll be coming to Transfer Student Orientation soon. We have some important news for you to make sure your experience is informative and pleasant.
In order to be prepared to register for classes during orientation, please be sure to complete or review the following items prior to attending orientation.
1. Request a final a transcript from your previous institution be sent to Ohio University Admission's Office, 120 Chubb Hall;
2. Watch TECH 1010 and make sure that you have access to your Ohio University email account and your online My OHIO Student Center;
3. Review the catalog information for your college and major in the online Undergraduate Catalog. Click on your college in the list located on the left side of the page, select your major, and read the information about general education, college, and major requirements. This information will be helpful during your academic sessions at Orientation;
4. Decide if you need to take the chemistry or foreign language placement tests. Visit the placement information page to find out more about placement testing;
5. Visit the Math placement page and determine your math placement level based on Chart #1. If your major requires a higher math placement than you earned, based on checklist item #3 above, you should take the Math placement prior to coming to Orientation. If you are unsure whether to take the placement, contact your college office;
6. Join My Ohio Mobile! My Ohio Mobile is a free program that works with OHIO to help inform student by text of the best deals in Athens. Join today by texting Ohio to 86714 or by visiting www.myoumobile.com.
Please email Cimmeron O'Connor in the Office of Orientation Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any special needs (parking, special dietary requirements, campus transportation) you may have to make your orientation a great experience. In order to have enough time to make these arrangements please provide 10 days notice.
Before you leave home, check the construction detours and parking closures at Ohio University! This information is now available through Google Maps.
You never know what might happen on your way to orientation - slow traffic, realizing your forgot your photo ID, you get lost - so leave early for your orientation session. Some of you are travelling very far so you might want to consider arriving the evening before your orientation. The last thing you want is to be late on your first day at Ohio University!
Orientation will be an informative exciting experience. Please call us at (740) 593-1951 if you have questions. We look forward to seeing you soon in Athens.