|By-Lawsof Ohio University D.U.S.A.C. |
- ArticleI: Dues
- ArticleII: Duties of Members
- ArticleIII: Adviser
- ArticleIV: Committees
- ArticleV: Rules of Order
- ArticleVI: Amendments
Dues for D.U.S.A.C. will not be required by any of the members.
ArticleII: Duties of Members
Section 1. Duties of the Officers
The Chair Shall:
- Be responsible forbeginning, running, and ending meetings.
- Go through order ofbusiness and lead discussion on business matters.
- Communicate withAdviser and the Dean's office regarding council related business.
- Represent D.U.S.A.C.in various College of Education Functions.
The Vice Chair Shall:
- Conduct meetings inthe absence of the Chair.
- Be responsible forcollecting items for new business and inform the Chair of such business.
- Represent D.U.S.A.C.in various College of Education functions.
The Secretary Shall:
- Be responsible fortaking minutes of meetings and posting them on the council list serve.
- Handle councilpaperwork, i.e.: phone lists, schedules, etc.
The Treasurer Shall:
- Be Responsible formonetary accounts held by the council.
The Public Relations Coordinator Shall:
- Schedule meeting timesand room with the College of Education.
- Get D.U.S.A.C.involved in College of Education events, functions, etc.
- Be in charge of theD.U.S.A.C. information board.
Section 2. Duties of Members
- Members are requiredto attend all council meetings.
- The member's rolewithin the council is to collect and bring forward information andconcerns from other OU students in their specificlicensure/certification.
- Members will beselected for ad-hoc committees and are responsible for communicationand contributing to those committees.
- Members will also needto be involved in D.U.S.A.C. Mentoring Program that aids freshmen andtransfer students with any questions they have about classes,scheduling, or general College of Education issues.
Section 1. Selection of Adviser
- The adviser shall beselected by the Dean's office.
- In the event of avacancy in the position of the adviser, the Council shall discuss thematter with the Assistant Dean.
Section 1. Ad-hoc Committees
- Any council member atthe council meeting can suggest ad-hoc committees.
- Ad-hoc committees mustbe led by a member of the executive committee.
- All council membersmay participate in any ad-hoc committee.
ArticleV: Rules of Order
The Ohio University D.U.S.A.C. Group shall be governed by common sense,respect, and professionalism.
All articles and sections of these by-laws are amendable by a majorityvote (51%) of the council and with approval of the adviser.
|Constitution of Ohio UniversityD.U.S.A.C. |
- Article I: Name
- Article II: Purpose
- Article III: Membership
- Article IV: Officers
- Article V: Meetings
- Article VI: Amendments
The name of this organizations is the Dean's Undergraduate StudentAdvisory Council (D.U.S.A.C.).
The purpose of this group is to represent the student body of theCollege of Education by voicing their concerns and presenting theseissues to the Dean, and to assist the Dean in whatever capacity he orshe wishes for us to work in.
Article III: Membership
- Membership shall be open to all who are interested,specifically those in an education program. This includes alleducation majors, HHS, Fine Arts, and any other colleges with educationprograms.
- All interested members need to fill out a membershipapplication and submit it to Student Services in McCracken Hall.
- The adviser will review the application and inform studentsof their membership status.
Article IV: Officers
Section 1. Executive Committee
The Executive Committee shall consist of the following:
Section 2. Selection of Officers
- Vice Chair
- Public Relations Coordinator
Section 3. Term of Office
- Elections for new officer positions shall take place duringSpring Quarter.
- Officer candidates need to have been a member of aneducation program at OU for at least one year, and have been an activemember of D.U.S.A.C.
- Council members shall elect officers by a majority (51%) ofall present members.
Section 4. Vacancies
- The term of each officer shall be one full school year,starting Fall Quarter and lasting though out Spring Quarter.
- In the event of a vacancy in the position of an officer,the Council shall discuss the matter more thoroughly in order to cometo a conclusion.
Article V: Meetings
Section 1. Regular Meetings
Section 2. Special Meetings
- Meeting times will be announced at the beginning of everyquarter. The regular meetings will be held, however, in McCrackenHall every quarter, but times will change in order to accommodate allmember's schedules.
- Special meetings of the Ohio University D.U.S.A.C. Groupshall be held when needed and will be announced one week before itshall take place to give members enough notice. Special meetingswill be decided upon by the Executive Committee.
Article VI: Amendments
All articles and sections of this constitution are amendable by amajority vote (51%) of the council and with approval of the adviser.