Who contacts the Ombuds Office?
The Ombudsman's jurisdiction includes any person who is a member of the Ohio University community. She serves stakeholders and constituents of Athens, regional and e-learning campuses, including:
- Services provided in the Ombuds Office
The Ombudsman's internal role is to:
- Clarify facts
- Interpret policy
- Facilitate or mediate, where appropriate
- Make referrals
- Provide an impartial "reality check"
The Ombudsman's external role is to:
- Provide broad information about issues impacting members of the Ohio University community
- Make recommendations and suggestions for institutional policy