This page is still under construction, links will be supplied as soon as possible for examples. For now, please use this page http://www.ohio.edu/webservices/cs/
This is a listing of readily available Commonspot elements currently in use.
- Flyout Navigation
- This is the most commonly used navigation method. It is usually left oriented and has the ability to have two levels, one that always shows, and one that will "fly out" when the parent menu item is activated.
Example of Usage: Flyout Navigation
- Accordion Navigation
- This navigation is very similar to the flyout, except that the animation for the interaction causes the menu to expand instead of flying out.
Example of Usage: Accordion Navigation
- List Navigation
- This provides a basic navigation element, which does not have any animation when the user interacts with it. However, the link may change color or the text may become decorated differently when it is hovered.
Example of Usage: List Navigation
- Content Element
- This is a free form text editor that allows contributors to enter combinations of text and images. Also, it provides buttons to easily add/edit hyperlinks, format text, and create tables. This element also has the ability to control sidebar content and page titles according to how the page was initially configured. This is the standard currently in use for entering/editing content in all Commonspot pages.
Example of Usage: Content Element
- Hide/Show Frequently Asked Questions
- This element utilizes a customized style sheet in conjuction with managed text that drops down from the question when clicked.
Example of Usage: FAQ Element
- Staff Element
- This element allows contributors to enter names, positions, phone numbers, and addresses and formats them in a four column layout. Also, the staff names are hyperlinked to individual page listing that may contain more detailed information and a picture of that person. Different display templates can be created upon request to organize the data differently.
Example of Usage: Staff Element
- Static Image
- Banner images that can be configured for each page. These usually span the width of the text column.
Example of Usage: Static Image Element
- Title Image
- This element renders a linked image above the navigation column. Both the image and link can be contributor defined in the management interface.
Example of Usage: Title Image Element
- Promo Slideshow
- This element is a simple slideshow that rotates images and sets each image, if specified, as a hyperlink.
Example of Usage: Promo Slideshow Element
- This element is similar to the Promo Slideshow but has more options to choose from in personalizing the slideshow. Rotation speed of images, size of slideshow, and use of thumbnails are all customizable options.
Example of Usage: Slideshow Element
- Promotional Image
- This type of image is a managed element that displays outside of the main content area of a page. This element is used to promote an event or to call attention to an important link.
Example of Usage: Promotional Image Element
- This element takes a YouTube URL and embeds it into any CommonSpot page.
Example of Usage: YouTube Element
- YouTube Gallery
- This element renders an interactive gallery of YouTube videos.
Example of Usage: YouTube Gallery Element
- Twitter Feed Display
- This element displays contributor defined twitter feeds on a CommonSpot page.
Example of Usage:
- Social Media Badges
- This element renders linked images at the bottom of the navigation column. Both the image and link can be contributor defined in the management interface, so the links can be changed to be directed to the relevant social media page.
Example of Usage: Social Media Element