Failure to follow these instructions could cause your account to become locked for a brief period of time.
Gather all of your devices (phone, tablet, laptop, etc.), and make sure you know how to update the email and WiFi password on each one.
- Power off any devices that won't be accessible when you start changing your password, and leave them off until you can update their passwords.
- Choose one device to start with - a desktop or laptop is usually the easiest. Power off all other devices.
- Change your password. If your account doesn’t have secret challenge questions set, you’ll need to set them first:
- Update the saved OHIO passwords (email, WiFi, etc.) on your device.
- Power on your next device and update the saved passwords on it.
- Continue to power on and update one device at a time until you have updated your password on all of them.
If you are unable to access your account after changing your password, turn off all devices that have your password stored, wait 15-20 minutes, then try again.
Because it can be difficult to predict how individual mobile devices will react to a password change, you may wish to make your change during regular Service Desk hours, in case you need assistance. Although lockouts are rare, it's a good idea to allow a time cushion between any password change and your next class or appointment.
If you do experience any problems, please contact the OIT Service Desk at 740-593-1222.