This article explains how to upload a file into Filelocker.
Uploading a file into Filelocker
- Go to https://filelocker.ohio.edu and login with your OHIO ID account credentials.
- Click on the Upload button to load the file upload interface.
- Review your Expiration date, which is set to 30 days by default. This is the maximum amount of time allowable within Filelocker. After which, the file and share associations will be automatically deleted from Filelocker.
- Click the Browse and Upload button within the area labeled Upload a File to find and select the file you want to upload from your hard drive.
- After your file is uploaded, you will then be able to share it with people at Ohio University or share it publicly.
- It is recommended that you write a brief description of the file you are uploading, which will be viewable by any recipients with whom you share the file.
- By default, Filelocker will scan the file once it is uploaded and verify that it is free of any known malicious software. You may choose to have the Filelocker system not run a virus scan by deselecting the Scan for viruses checkbox.