Workaround for Apple Wifi Bug
Workaround for Mac OS WiFi bug (printable PDF)
If your Mac laptop randomly drops its OHIO wireless connection, the steps below will fix that problem:
- In the top right of your screen, click the magnifying glass and type the word Keychain.
- Click on Keychain Access.
- Under Category, choose Certificates (NOT My Certificates).
- Identify if there is only one securelogin.oit.ohio.edu entry:
- If there is only one, skip to step 5.
- If there is more than one entry:
- Delete all securelogin.oit.ohio.edu entries.
- Re-connect to the OHIO University wireless network.
- Accept the new security certificate.
- Return to step 1 above.
- Double-click securelogin.oit.ohio.edu.
- Click the triangle next to Trust.
- Use the drop-down menus to change the following attributes to Always Trust:
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Extensible Authentication (EAP)
- X.509 Basic Policy
- Close the dialog box and enter your Mac's password to confirm the changes
OS WiFi workaround printable instructions (PDF)