Configuring Outlook 2007 to check CatMail
- Click the Start menu.
- Choose Settings / Control Panel
- Double-click the Mail icon.
- Click Show Profiles
- Click Add...
- Enter a name for the new profile, such as "CatMail", click OK.
- The "Add New E-mail Account" wizard should start automatically.
- If you wish, adjust Your Name as you'd like it to appear on outgoing mail.
- For E-mail Address: enter OHIOID@catmail.ohio.edu.
- Enter your CatMail password, and re-type it in the boxes provided.
NOTE: Your CatMail password is not your OHIO ID password
- Click Next.
- There will be a delay while Outlook talks to the server to discover the correct settings. Outlook will display a message that asks you to allow a Web site to configure the Outlook settings. Outlook runs auto-configure periodically. If you don't want to see this message every time auto-configure runs, select "Don't ask me about this website again", and then click Allow.
- You will be asked for your user name and password. Make sure that you enter your full e-mail address (OHIOID@ohio.edu) as your user name, and use your CatMail password, then click OK. You may be prompted to enter your user name and password multiple times before you connect.
- There will be another delay while Outlook finishes configuring itself to sync with CatMail. When it's completed, you'll see a Congratulations box appear confirming that your account is now configured to work with Microsoft Outlook Live.
- Click Finish
Define Send/Receive groups
- From the Outlook menu bar, select Tools > Send/Receive > Send/Receive Settings > Define Send/Receive Groups
- In the Send/Receive groups dialog, click the Edit button
- Uncheck the "Include the selected account in this group" checkbox
- Click OK
- Click Close