Configuring CatMail to work with Windows Live Mail
- Start Windows Live Mail. A wizard may run the first time it's opened. If the wizard doesn't run when you first open the program, do the following:
- On the Tools pull-down menu, click Accounts
- On the Accounts page, click Add.
- On the Add an account page, select "E-mail Account", and then click Next.
- On the "Add an E-mail Account" page:
- In the E-mail address field, enter your e-mail address: OHIOID@ohio.edu.
- In the Password field, enter your CatMail password. If you want Windows Mail
to remember your password, select the check box next to "Remember
- In the Display Name field, enter your name as you want it to appear in the
"From" field of your outgoing messages.
- Select "Manually configure server settings for e-mail account", and then click
- On the next page of the wizard, under "Incoming Server Information":
- In the drop-down menu under "Incoming mail server is a [SYS:type] server",
select POP or IMAP. You might want to use IMAP because it supports more
- Under Incoming server, the server name for both IMAP and POP3 is:
- Select "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)".
- Under Log on using, make sure that "Clear text authentication" is selected.
- Under Login ID (if different from e-mail address), type your full e-mail address:
- Under "Outgoing Server Information"
- Under Outgoing server, enter pod51000.outlook.com
- Select the check box next to "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)".
- Select the check box next to "My Outgoing server requires authentication, and
then click Next.
- On the "Your new account settings are complete page", click Finish.
- On the "Accounts" page, click Close.
- If you're using IMAP4 and the "Show/Hide IMAP Folders dialog box appears", use the Windows Live Mail user interface to select which folders you want to synchronize between the server and your local computer, and then click OK.