Locally Installed Clients
- Unity Client: Hyland's next generation OnBase client that combines the flexibility of a web client with the features and functionality of a thick client (Windows Only Client).
- Download and run the Unity Prerequisite Check
- Download and follow the installation Instructions
- Click link to Install Unity Client (Internet Explorer is required to install the Unity Client)
- Thick Client: Hyland's full feature legacy OnBase client. This client should be used when scanning and/or batch indexing of documents from your computer is required (Windows Only Client).
- Download and run the Thick Client Installer
Web Browser Based Clients
The OnBase Web Clients have less functionality than the Unity or Thick Clients. However, they are an excellent choice if your primary purpose for using OnBase is for retrieving and viewing documents along with workflow interaction. The browser-based clients come in three versions:
- ActiveX Version
- Most feature rich web based client
- Only works with Internet Explorer (version 9.0 or lower)
- Requires the installation of ActiveX controls on the user's workstation
- Download and follow the Installation Instructions
- Point Internet Explorer to https://docimage4.cats.ohio.edu/onbase
- If you have difficulty downloading the ActiveX controls after completing the installation Instructions. You can alternately download and run the ActiveX Client Installer.
- HTML Version
- Works with Internet Explorer (version 9.0 or lower) and FireFox ESR (version 10 only) (Download FireFox ESR: Windows or MAC).
- No Installation files required
- Can be used on both MAC and Windows Platforms
- Point IE or FireFox ESR to https://docimage4.cats.ohiou.edu/onbasehtml
- Java Version
- The Java Version has been deprecated and is no longer in development. We recommend that user's currently using the Java Client move to the HTML version of the OnBase Web Client. If for some reason you still need to use the Java Client you can still access it at the below URL. Sebsequent versions of OnBase will no longer provide the Java Client
- Point your Java enabled browser to https://docimage4.cats.ohiou.edu/onbase/javaclient
The following software is used to add functionality to existing OnBase client installations.
OnBase Virtual Print Driver:
The Virtual Print Driver (VPD) appears as a standard printer in Windows applications and enables users to electronically print documents directly into OnBase. Printing directly into OnBase saves the cost of printing and then scanning documents. This functionality requires the OnBase Unity or Thick Client be installed on the local workstation.
To Install the virtual print driver, download and install the following setup program: OnBase VPD Installer