- Help & Support
- IDs & Accounts
- Tech Depot
- Networks / Telephones
- Academic Services
- Information Security
- Web Services
- OIT Projects
- About OIT
find my MAC/Physical Address?
How to find your MAC address (PDF) has instructions for many common operating systems and devices.
find my IP Address?
On a Mac OS 10.4, 10.5, 10.6
On Windows Vista, 7
clear my browser cache: Safari
1. From the Safari menu, select Reset Safari...
2. From the menu, select the items you want to reset, and then click Reset. As of Safari 5.1, Remove all website data covers both cookies and cache.
Mobile Safari for iPhone OS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)
To clear cache and cookies:
1. From the home screen, tap Settings, and then tap Safari.
2. At the bottom of Safari's settings screen, tap the buttons for Clear Cookies and Clear Cache. To confirm, tap Clear Cookies or Clear Cache again.
To clear history:
1. From the home screen, tap Safari.
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap the Bookmarks icon.
3. In the lower left, tap Clear.
4. Tap Clear History.
request an SSL certificate?
Please fill out form located at this web page:
report an Outage?
Call Service Desk at 740-593-1222.
get a network switch?
Network switches are available for purchase at the Technology Depot, Baker University Center 112 at our Athens campus. They can be borrowed for the dorms or purchased for personal use.
Hubs, Switches & Routers
power on or off my wireless antennae?
On a Mac
1. Select the Apple icon.
2. Click on "System Preferences".
3. Next, select "Network".
4. Select the Airport tab on the left hand side.
5. Click the button, "Turn Airport Off".
1. Many laptops have a switch or function (fn) key that will turn wireless off.
2. If there is no switch, the wireless adaptor can be disabled in the follow manner:
a. Select the blue globe (Start Menu)
b. Select the Control Panel.
c. Select "Network and Sharing Center".
d. Select change adapter settings.
e. Right click on "Wireless Adapter" and select "disable".
f. Repeat the steps to reenable, this time selecting enable instead of disable.
Information about training seminars is available at http://author.oit.ohio.edu/technology/training/seminars.cfm
get walk in assistance?
Walk in assistance is available at the Technology Depot in Baker Center 112. More information is available at http://www.ohio.edu/technology/depot/index.cfm
view university policy on technology usage?
Thank you for your interest in OIT. This is an exciting time to be involved in higher education as technology helps transform the ways we teach, learn and conduct research. OIT's flexible and robust technology offerings provide support for innovative academic programs, exemplary student support services and integrative co-curricular activities.
Duane Starkey, Interim Chief Information Officer