- Help & Support
- IDs & Accounts
- Tech Depot
- Networks / Telephones
- Academic Services
- Information Security
- Web Services
- OIT Projects
- About OIT
reset my Catmail password
Until May 18, 2013, you can reset your Catmail password online at:
After May 18, Catmail will start using your OHIO password.
find my IP Address?
On a Mac OS 10.4, 10.5, 10.6
On Windows Vista, 7
clear my browser cache: Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer 8 and above
1. From the Safety menu in the upper right, click Delete Browsing History...
2. Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.
3. Click Delete.
Internet Explorer 7
1. From the Tools menu in the upper right, select Internet Options.
2. Under "Browsing history", click Delete...
3. To delete your cache, click Delete files...
To delete your cookies, click Delete cookies...
To delete your history, click Delete history...
request an SSL certificate?
Please fill out form located at this web page:
report an Outage?
Call Service Desk at 740-593-1222.
access the university's VPN?
Use info from the page including link for vpn access
get my Ohio password reset, employee?
If you have secret questions set for your OHIO ID, you can reset your password yourself at:
If you don't have secret questions, please visit our password reset page.
power on or off my wireless antennae?
On a Mac
1. Select the Apple icon.
2. Click on "System Preferences".
3. Next, select "Network".
4. Select the Airport tab on the left hand side.
5. Click the button, "Turn Airport Off".
1. Many laptops have a switch or function (fn) key that will turn wireless off.
2. If there is no switch, the wireless adaptor can be disabled in the follow manner:
a. Select the blue globe (Start Menu)
b. Select the Control Panel.
c. Select "Network and Sharing Center".
d. Select change adapter settings.
e. Right click on "Wireless Adapter" and select "disable".
f. Repeat the steps to reenable, this time selecting enable instead of disable.
get assistance setting up my computer on the wireless network?
For telephone help, call the service desk at (740)593-1222. Walkup support is available at the Technology Depot in Baker Center 112.
find the minimum requirements for bringing a computer to campus?
Thank you for your interest in the Office of Information Technology (OIT). We take pride in our growing organization and the dynamic environment we have cultivated as an integral part of the academic pursuits of Ohio University’s faculty, staff, administration, and students.
J. Brice Bible, Chief Information Officer