download antivirus software?
clear my browser cache: Safari
1. From the Safari menu, select Reset Safari...
2. From the menu, select the items you want to reset, and then click Reset. As of Safari 5.1, Remove all website data covers both cookies and cache.
Mobile Safari for iPhone OS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)
To clear cache and cookies:
1. From the home screen, tap Settings, and then tap Safari.
2. At the bottom of Safari's settings screen, tap the buttons for Clear Cookies and Clear Cache. To confirm, tap Clear Cookies or Clear Cache again.
To clear history:
1. From the home screen, tap Safari.
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap the Bookmarks icon.
3. In the lower left, tap Clear.
4. Tap Clear History.
request an SSL certificate?
Please fill out form located at this web page:
access the university's VPN?
Use info from the page including link for vpn access
reset a network switch?
1. Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
2. Check and make sure the Ethernet cable from the wall is plugged into the uplink port.
3. Make sure an Ethernet cable is connected to the computer.
4. Plug the power cable back into the wall outlet.
get an Ethernet cable?
Ethernet cables are available for purchase at the Technology Depot, Baker University Center 112 at our Athens campus. They may be borrowed for the dorms or purchased for personal use.
power on or off my wireless antennae?
On a Mac
1. Select the Apple icon.
2. Click on "System Preferences".
3. Next, select "Network".
4. Select the Airport tab on the left hand side.
5. Click the button, "Turn Airport Off".
1. Many laptops have a switch or function (fn) key that will turn wireless off.
2. If there is no switch, the wireless adaptor can be disabled in the follow manner:
a. Select the blue globe (Start Menu)
b. Select the Control Panel.
c. Select "Network and Sharing Center".
d. Select change adapter settings.
e. Right click on "Wireless Adapter" and select "disable".
f. Repeat the steps to reenable, this time selecting enable instead of disable.
Information about training seminars is available at http://author.oit.ohio.edu/technology/training/seminars.cfm
report a problem with my telephone?
Call 740-593-1000 to report a problem with an office or residence hall telephone or telephone line.
locate a computer lab?
Thank you for your interest in OIT. This is an exciting time to be involved in higher education as technology helps transform the ways we teach, learn and conduct research. OIT's flexible and robust technology offerings provide support for innovative academic programs, exemplary student support services and integrative co-curricular activities.
Duane Starkey, Interim Chief Information Officer