- IDs & Accounts
- Networks / Telephones
- Academic Services
- Information Security
- Web Services
- Bobcat Depot
- OIT Projects
- About OIT
reset my OHIO password - student or applicant
If you have secret challenge questions set up for your OHIO ID, then you can reset your password online at:
You will need to know your OHIO ID. If you have forgotten both your OHIO ID and password, please contact the Service Desk.
If you do not have secret challenge questions set up, then you will need to call the Service Desk at 740-593-1222 or present a photo ID at one of the locations listed on our password reset page.
download antivirus software?
find my MAC/Physical Address?
How to find your MAC address (PDF) has instructions for many common operating systems and devices.
clear my browser cache: Android
To clear cache, cookies, or history:
1. Start your browser.
2. Tap Menu, and then tap More.
3. Select Settings.
4. Under "Privacy settings", select Clear cache, Clear history, or Clear all cookie data as appropriate, and then tap OK to accept (or Cancel to cancel) the deletion.
clear my browser cache: Safari
1. From the Safari menu, select Reset Safari...
2. From the menu, select the items you want to reset, and then click Reset. As of Safari 5.1, Remove all website data covers both cookies and cache.
Mobile Safari for iPhone OS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)
To clear cache and cookies:
1. From the home screen, tap Settings, and then tap Safari.
2. At the bottom of Safari's settings screen, tap the buttons for Clear Cookies and Clear Cache. To confirm, tap Clear Cookies or Clear Cache again.
To clear history:
1. From the home screen, tap Safari.
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap the Bookmarks icon.
3. In the lower left, tap Clear.
4. Tap Clear History.
access the university's VPN?
Use info from the page including link for vpn access
get my Voicemail password reset?
You can get your voicemail password reset by contacting the operators at 740-593-1000.
power on or off my wireless antennae?
On a Mac
1. Select the Apple icon.
2. Click on "System Preferences".
3. Next, select "Network".
4. Select the Airport tab on the left hand side.
5. Click the button, "Turn Airport Off".
1. Many laptops have a switch or function (fn) key that will turn wireless off.
2. If there is no switch, the wireless adaptor can be disabled in the follow manner:
a. Select the blue globe (Start Menu)
b. Select the Control Panel.
c. Select "Network and Sharing Center".
d. Select change adapter settings.
e. Right click on "Wireless Adapter" and select "disable".
f. Repeat the steps to reenable, this time selecting enable instead of disable.
locate a computer lab?
Alden Learning Commons Lab: http://www.library.ohiou.edu/serv/lc/index.html
Baker University Center Lab: http://www.ohio.edu/oit/techdepot/bakerLab.cfm
get help setting up Exchange on a mobile device or phone?
Information is available on this page: http://www.ohio.edu/technology/exchange/access_mobile.shtml
Thank you for your interest in OIT. This is an exciting time to be involved in higher education as technology helps transform the ways we teach, learn and conduct research. OIT's flexible and robust technology offerings provide support for innovative academic programs, exemplary student support services and integrative co-curricular activities.
Duane Starkey, Interim Chief Information Officer