- Help & Support
- IDs & Accounts
- Tech Depot
- Networks / Telephones
- Academic Services
- Information Security
- Web Services
- OIT Projects
- About OIT
find my MAC/Physical Address?
How to find your MAC address (PDF) has instructions for many common operating systems and devices.
clear my browser cache: Chrome
1. In the browser bar, enter: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
2. Select the items you want to clear (e.g., Clear browsing history, Clear download history, Empty the cache, Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data).
You can choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached information from the Obliterate the following items from: drop-down menu. To clear your entire cache, select the beginning of time.
3. Click Clear browsing data.
clear my browser cache: Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer 8 and above
1. From the Safety menu in the upper right, click Delete Browsing History...
2. Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.
3. Click Delete.
Internet Explorer 7
1. From the Tools menu in the upper right, select Internet Options.
2. Under "Browsing history", click Delete...
3. To delete your cache, click Delete files...
To delete your cookies, click Delete cookies...
To delete your history, click Delete history...
get my Ohio password reset, employee?
If you have secret questions set for your OHIO ID, you can reset your password yourself at:
If you don't have secret questions, please visit our password reset page.
get a network switch?
Network switches are available for purchase at the Technology Depot, Baker University Center 112 at our Athens campus. They can be borrowed for the dorms or purchased for personal use.
Hubs, Switches & Routers
Information about training seminars is available at http://author.oit.ohio.edu/technology/training/seminars.cfm
find Apple How-To videos?
report a problem with my telephone?
Call 740-593-1000 to report a problem with an office or residence hall telephone or telephone line.
find the minimum requirements for bringing a computer to campus?
view university policy on technology usage?
Thank you for your interest in OIT. This is an exciting time to be involved in higher education as technology helps transform the ways we teach, learn and conduct research. OIT's flexible and robust technology offerings provide support for innovative academic programs, exemplary student support services and integrative co-curricular activities.
Duane Starkey, Interim Chief Information Officer