reset my OHIO password - student or applicant
If you have secret challenge questions set up for your OHIO ID, then you can reset your password online:
You will need to know your OHIO ID. If you have forgotten both your OHIO ID and password, please contact the Service Desk.
If you do not have secret challenge questions set up, then you will need to call the Service Desk at 740-593-1222 or present a photo ID at one of the locations listed on our password reset page.
download antivirus software?
configure Catmail on my phone/tablet/etc?
If you want to configure your smart phone, tablet, or other mobile device to check Catmail, Microsoft has a handy how-to wizard with instructions:
clear my browser cache: Chrome
1. In the browser bar, enter: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
2. Select the items you want to clear (e.g., Clear browsing history, Clear download history, Empty the cache, Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data).
You can choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached information from the Obliterate the following items from: drop-down menu. To clear your entire cache, select the beginning of time.
3. Click Clear browsing data.
clear my browser cache: Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer 8 and above
1. From the Safety menu in the upper right, click Delete Browsing History...
2. Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.
3. Click Delete.
Internet Explorer 7
1. From the Tools menu in the upper right, select Internet Options.
2. Under "Browsing history", click Delete...
3. To delete your cache, click Delete files...
To delete your cookies, click Delete cookies...
To delete your history, click Delete history...
request an SSL certificate?
Please fill out form located at this web page:
get my Student/Applicant PID?
To obtain your PID you may contact the Admissions Office at 740-593-4100 or by email at email@example.com.
get my Voicemail password reset?
You can get your voicemail password reset by contacting the operators at 740-593-1000.
reset a network switch?
1. Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
2. Check and make sure the Ethernet cable from the wall is plugged into the uplink port.
3. Make sure an Ethernet cable is connected to the computer.
4. Plug the power cable back into the wall outlet.
Information about training seminars is available at http://author.oit.ohio.edu/technology/training/seminars.cfm
Thank you for your interest in OIT. This is an exciting time to be involved in higher education as technology helps transform the ways we teach, learn and conduct research. OIT's flexible and robust technology offerings provide support for innovative academic programs, exemplary student support services and integrative co-curricular activities.
Duane Starkey, Interim Chief Information Officer