download antivirus software?
configure Catmail on my phone/tablet/etc?
If you want to configure your smart phone, tablet, or other mobile device to check Catmail, Microsoft has a handy how-to wizard with instructions:
clear my browser cache: Chrome
1. In the browser bar, enter: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
2. Select the items you want to clear (e.g., Clear browsing history, Clear download history, Empty the cache, Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data).
You can choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached information from the Obliterate the following items from: drop-down menu. To clear your entire cache, select the beginning of time.
3. Click Clear browsing data.
clear my browser cache: Safari
1. From the Safari menu, select Reset Safari...
2. From the menu, select the items you want to reset, and then click Reset. As of Safari 5.1, Remove all website data covers both cookies and cache.
Mobile Safari for iPhone OS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)
To clear cache and cookies:
1. From the home screen, tap Settings, and then tap Safari.
2. At the bottom of Safari's settings screen, tap the buttons for Clear Cookies and Clear Cache. To confirm, tap Clear Cookies or Clear Cache again.
To clear history:
1. From the home screen, tap Safari.
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap the Bookmarks icon.
3. In the lower left, tap Clear.
4. Tap Clear History.
get a network switch?
Network switches are available for purchase at the Technology Depot, Baker University Center 112 at our Athens campus. They can be borrowed for the dorms or purchased for personal use.
Hubs, Switches & Routers
get an Ethernet cable?
Ethernet cables are available for purchase at the Technology Depot, Baker University Center 112 at our Athens campus. They may be borrowed for the dorms or purchased for personal use.
get walk in assistance?
Walk in assistance is available at the Technology Depot in Baker Center 112. More information is available at http://www.ohio.edu/technology/depot/index.cfm
find Apple How-To videos?
find the minimum requirements for bringing a computer to campus?
view university policy on technology usage?
Thank you for your interest in OIT. This is an exciting time to be involved in higher education as technology helps transform the ways we teach, learn and conduct research. OIT's flexible and robust technology offerings provide support for innovative academic programs, exemplary student support services and integrative co-curricular activities.
Duane Starkey, Interim Chief Information Officer