activate my OHIO ID?
You can activate your Ohio ID at:
reset my OHIO password - student or applicant
If you have secret challenge questions set up for your OHIO ID, then you can reset your password online at:
You will need to know your OHIO ID. If you have forgotten both your OHIO ID and password, please contact the Service Desk.
If you do not have secret challenge questions set up, then you will need to call the Service Desk at 740-593-1222 or present a photo ID at one of the locations listed on our password reset page.
clear my browser cache: Android
To clear cache, cookies, or history:
1. Start your browser.
2. Tap Menu, and then tap More.
3. Select Settings.
4. Under "Privacy settings", select Clear cache, Clear history, or Clear all cookie data as appropriate, and then tap OK to accept (or Cancel to cancel) the deletion.
clear my browser cache: Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer 8 and above
1. From the Safety menu in the upper right, click Delete Browsing History...
2. Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.
3. Click Delete.
Internet Explorer 7
1. From the Tools menu in the upper right, select Internet Options.
2. Under "Browsing history", click Delete...
3. To delete your cache, click Delete files...
To delete your cookies, click Delete cookies...
To delete your history, click Delete history...
access the university's VPN?
Use info from the page including link for vpn access
get my Voicemail password reset?
You can get your voicemail password reset by contacting the operators at 740-593-1000.
get a network switch?
Network switches are available for purchase at the Technology Depot, Baker University Center 112 at our Athens campus. They can be borrowed for the dorms or purchased for personal use.
Hubs, Switches & Routers
find Apple How-To videos?
report a problem with my telephone?
Call 740-593-1000 to report a problem with an office or residence hall telephone or telephone line.
locate a computer lab?
Thank you for your interest in OIT. This is an exciting time to be involved in higher education as technology helps transform the ways we teach, learn and conduct research. OIT's flexible and robust technology offerings provide support for innovative academic programs, exemplary student support services and integrative co-curricular activities.
Duane Starkey, Interim Chief Information Officer