How do I find information about clearing my browser cache?
You can find information on clearing your browser cache by visiting the following web page:
The site includes instructions for clearing your browser cache on the following browsers:
activate my OHIO ID?
You can activate your Ohio ID at:
find my MAC/Physical Address?
How to find your MAC address (PDF) has instructions for many common operating systems and devices.
configure Catmail on my phone/tablet/etc?
If you want to configure your smart phone, tablet, or other mobile device to check Catmail, Microsoft has a handy how-to wizard with instructions:
clear my browser cache: Safari
1. From the Safari menu, select Reset Safari...
2. From the menu, select the items you want to reset, and then click Reset. As of Safari 5.1, Remove all website data covers both cookies and cache.
Mobile Safari for iPhone OS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)
To clear cache and cookies:
1. From the home screen, tap Settings, and then tap Safari.
2. At the bottom of Safari's settings screen, tap the buttons for Clear Cookies and Clear Cache. To confirm, tap Clear Cookies or Clear Cache again.
To clear history:
1. From the home screen, tap Safari.
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap the Bookmarks icon.
3. In the lower left, tap Clear.
4. Tap Clear History.
access the university's VPN?
Use info from the page including link for vpn access
get assistance setting up my computer on the wireless network?
For telephone help, call the service desk at (740)593-1222. Walkup support is available at the Technology Depot in Baker Center 112.
locate a computer lab?
Alden Learning Commons Lab: http://www.library.ohiou.edu/serv/lc/index.html
Baker University Center Lab: http://www.ohio.edu/oit/techdepot/bakerLab.cfm
find the minimum requirements for bringing a computer to campus?
get help setting up Catmail on a mobile device or phone?
Information is available on this page: Mobile device setup for Catmail
Thank you for your interest in OIT. This is an exciting time to be involved in higher education as technology helps transform the ways we teach, learn and conduct research. OIT's flexible and robust technology offerings provide support for innovative academic programs, exemplary student support services and integrative co-curricular activities.
Duane Starkey, Interim Chief Information Officer