- IDs & Accounts
- Networks / Telephones
- Academic Services
- Information Security
- Web Services
- Bobcat Depot
- OIT Projects
- About OIT
reset my OHIO password - student or applicant
If you have secret challenge questions set up for your OHIO ID, then you can reset your password online at:
You will need to know your OHIO ID. If you have forgotten both your OHIO ID and password, please contact the Service Desk.
If you do not have secret challenge questions set up, then you will need to call the Service Desk at 740-593-1222 or present a photo ID at one of the locations listed on our password reset page.
find my IP Address?
On a Mac OS 10.4, 10.5, 10.6
On Windows Vista, 7
clear my browser cache: Android
To clear cache, cookies, or history:
1. Start your browser.
2. Tap Menu, and then tap More.
3. Select Settings.
4. Under "Privacy settings", select Clear cache, Clear history, or Clear all cookie data as appropriate, and then tap OK to accept (or Cancel to cancel) the deletion.
clear my browser cache: Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer 8 and above
1. From the Safety menu in the upper right, click Delete Browsing History...
2. Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.
3. Click Delete.
Internet Explorer 7
1. From the Tools menu in the upper right, select Internet Options.
2. Under "Browsing history", click Delete...
3. To delete your cache, click Delete files...
To delete your cookies, click Delete cookies...
To delete your history, click Delete history...
report an Outage?
Call Service Desk at 740-593-1222.
get my Ohio password reset, employee?
If you have secret questions set for your OHIO ID, you can reset your password yourself at:
If you don't have secret questions, please visit our password reset page.
get my Voicemail password reset?
You can get your voicemail password reset by contacting the operators at 740-593-1000.
reset a network switch?
1. Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
2. Check and make sure the Ethernet cable from the wall is plugged into the uplink port.
3. Make sure an Ethernet cable is connected to the computer.
4. Plug the power cable back into the wall outlet.
get an Ethernet cable?
Ethernet cables are available for purchase at the Technology Depot, Baker University Center 112 at our Athens campus. They may be borrowed for the dorms or purchased for personal use.
get assistance setting up my computer on the wireless network?
For telephone help, call the service desk at (740)593-1222. Walkup support is available at the Technology Depot in Baker Center 112.
Thank you for your interest in OIT. This is an exciting time to be involved in higher education as technology helps transform the ways we teach, learn and conduct research. OIT's flexible and robust technology offerings provide support for innovative academic programs, exemplary student support services and integrative co-curricular activities.
Duane Starkey, Interim Chief Information Officer