- IDs & Accounts
- Networks / Telephones
- Academic Services
- Information Security
- Web Services
- Bobcat Depot
- OIT Projects
- About OIT
find my IP Address?
On a Mac OS 10.4, 10.5, 10.6
On Windows Vista, 7
configure Catmail on my phone/tablet/etc?
If you want to configure your smart phone, tablet, or other mobile device to check Catmail, Microsoft has a handy how-to wizard with instructions:
request an SSL certificate?
Please fill out form located at this web page:
get my Ohio password reset, employee?
If you have secret questions set for your OHIO ID, you can reset your password yourself at:
If you don't have secret questions, please visit our password reset page.
reset a network switch?
1. Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
2. Check and make sure the Ethernet cable from the wall is plugged into the uplink port.
3. Make sure an Ethernet cable is connected to the computer.
4. Plug the power cable back into the wall outlet.
power on or off my wireless antennae?
On a Mac
1. Select the Apple icon.
2. Click on "System Preferences".
3. Next, select "Network".
4. Select the Airport tab on the left hand side.
5. Click the button, "Turn Airport Off".
1. Many laptops have a switch or function (fn) key that will turn wireless off.
2. If there is no switch, the wireless adaptor can be disabled in the follow manner:
a. Select the blue globe (Start Menu)
b. Select the Control Panel.
c. Select "Network and Sharing Center".
d. Select change adapter settings.
e. Right click on "Wireless Adapter" and select "disable".
f. Repeat the steps to reenable, this time selecting enable instead of disable.
report a wireless outage or issue?
Call the service desk at (740)593-1222.
get assistance setting up my computer on the wireless network?
For telephone help, call the service desk at (740)593-1222. Walkup support is available at the Technology Depot in Baker Center 112.
get walk in assistance?
Walk in assistance is available at the Technology Depot in Baker Center 112. More information is available at http://www.ohio.edu/technology/depot/index.cfm
view university policy on technology usage?
Thank you for your interest in OIT. This is an exciting time to be involved in higher education as technology helps transform the ways we teach, learn and conduct research. OIT's flexible and robust technology offerings provide support for innovative academic programs, exemplary student support services and integrative co-curricular activities.
Duane Starkey, Interim Chief Information Officer