- IDs & Accounts
- Bobcat Depot
- Networks / Telephones
- Academic Services
- Information Security
- Web Services
- OIT Projects
- About OIT
find my MAC/Physical Address?
How to find your MAC address (PDF) has instructions for many common operating systems and devices.
clear my browser cache: Chrome
1. In the browser bar, enter: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
2. Select the items you want to clear (e.g., Clear browsing history, Clear download history, Empty the cache, Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data).
You can choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached information from the Obliterate the following items from: drop-down menu. To clear your entire cache, select the beginning of time.
3. Click Clear browsing data.
report an Outage?
Call Service Desk at 740-593-1222.
access the university's VPN?
Use info from the page including link for vpn access
power on or off my wireless antennae?
On a Mac
1. Select the Apple icon.
2. Click on "System Preferences".
3. Next, select "Network".
4. Select the Airport tab on the left hand side.
5. Click the button, "Turn Airport Off".
1. Many laptops have a switch or function (fn) key that will turn wireless off.
2. If there is no switch, the wireless adaptor can be disabled in the follow manner:
a. Select the blue globe (Start Menu)
b. Select the Control Panel.
c. Select "Network and Sharing Center".
d. Select change adapter settings.
e. Right click on "Wireless Adapter" and select "disable".
f. Repeat the steps to reenable, this time selecting enable instead of disable.
report a wireless outage or issue?
Call the service desk at (740)593-1222.
get assistance setting up my computer on the wireless network?
For telephone help, call the service desk at (740)593-1222. Walkup support is available at the Technology Depot in Baker Center 112.
find Apple How-To videos?
locate a computer lab?
Alden Learning Commons Lab: http://www.library.ohiou.edu/serv/lc/index.html
Baker University Center Lab: http://www.ohio.edu/oit/techdepot/bakerLab.cfm
find the minimum requirements for bringing a computer to campus?
Thank you for your interest in OIT. This is an exciting time to be involved in higher education as technology helps transform the ways we teach, learn and conduct research. OIT's flexible and robust technology offerings provide support for innovative academic programs, exemplary student support services and integrative co-curricular activities.
Duane Starkey, Interim Chief Information Officer