ATHENS, Ohio -- The Institute for Democracy in Education at Ohio University is accepting proposals for presenters at its fall workshops to be held Oct. 17 and 18 in McCracken Hall on the Athens campus. The deadline to submit proposals is July 30.
The theme for this year is "Teaching for Democratic Activism," with strands focusing on:
- Critical Media Education
- Making Community Connections
- The Arts as a Catalyst
- Anti-Bias and Diversity Education
- International Perspectives
- Educational Technology for Social Justice
- Challenging Standardization and High-Stakes Testing
- Get Cooperative -- Co-Ops and Collectives
The workshop is open to anyone who wishes to participate -- students, educators, administrators and parents, for example. For an entry form or information on how to submit proposals, contact Jo Caya, Institute for Democracy in Education, College of Education, 314E McCracken Hall, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701.