To make the multimedia lab function efficiently for all users, the following rules have been established. Failure to comply with these rules may result in a loss of lab access. lab attendant.
- Users are limited to working on class projects for Scripps College of Communication courses
- Users may not install, modify or copy any software on the workstations. Desktop appearance should be returned to original state when user is finished.
- Users are responsible for archiving files their files to removable media. Any user is at a workstation can erase the Temporary Media drive while they are seated at the workstation
- Temporary Media drives are erased regularly, both by users and by staff.
- Users are not allowed to bring food or drink into the lab, except for bottled water, which must be kept sealed when not in use.
- Users are not allowed to disconnect or remove any equipment or cables from the labs. All lab activity is monitored and recorded for both security and safety.
- CD/DVD-R burning is limited to two copies per person per project
- Duplication of copyrighted material is illegal and is prohibited in the mmlab.