Dr. Bayless received his Ph.D. from the University of Illinois in 1995. Prior to that, he was an officer in the U.S. Navy. Since then, he has worked for American Electric Power and consulted for numerous energy companies. He currently is the Technical Administrator for the State of Ohio's Coal Research Consortium and has directed over $7 million in external research from the Ohio Coal Development Office, US Department of Energy, US Environmental Protection Agency, NASA and the National Science Foundation as a principal investigator. He holds several patents, two of which have revenue-generating licenses.
- Biosequestration of Greenhouse Gases
- Gasification of coal and biomass
- Biorefining and Biodiesel
- Adapting Solid Oxide Fuel Cells to Gasified Coal
- Wet and dry electrostatic precipitation
- Mercury removal using membrane-enhanced ESP