The following scholarships are available to Information and Telecommunication Systems students for the 2013-14 academic year. Applications for both incoming freshman and upperclass scholarships need to be received at the school office at 31 S Court Street, Room 143, by Thursday, March 14, 2013.
Incoming Freshman Scholarship Application*
Upperclass Scholarship Application (59K) PDF
Scripps College of Communication Scholarship
Awarded at discretion of the director of Information and Telecommunication Systems as funding allows.
Ruth and Otto Kruse Scholarship
Multiple scholarships - typically $1,000
- preference given to freshman or sophomore students (during 2013-14 academic year)
- full time on the Athens Campus
- minimum GPA of 3.0
Financial need is not a factor.
McClure School Lonsbury Golf Classic Scholarship
Multiple scholarships as funding allows
- incoming and current students are both eligible
- minimum gpa of 3.25 with a minimum of 8 hours credit in Information and Telecommunication Systems
- active involvement in the field of voice/data networks
- financial need
The Progressive Scholar in ITS
in support of a student(s)
- full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate student
- enrolled in or accepted for admission to Information and Telecom Systems
- at least 3.2 gpa at Ohio University
- incoming senior
John F. Smith Memorial Scholarship
Multiple Scholarships as funding allows
- full-time undergraduate student
- Information and Telecommunication Systems major
- proof of financial need (FAFSA on file at Financial Aid Office)
- at least a 2.2 GPA overall
- at least a 2.5 GPA in major
- preference will be given to residents of Franklin, Delaware, Licking, Madison, Pickaway, Fairfield or Union counties
$2,000 (renewable for up to 12 quarters)
- freshman during 2013-14
- minimum 3.3 GPA
- must maintain 3.3 GPA to keep scholarship
*Freshmen scholarship selection based on academic performance in high school, SAT and/or ACT test scores, and Statement of Career Goals (Freshman Scholarship Application).
Students should also apply for university scholarships. Go online to www.ohiou.edu/financial aid and look under "Hot Topics." The application form opens in January and closes in March for first priority. Please read the criteria and rules carefully.
NOTE: University guidelines require students at the Athens campus to carry at least 12 credit hours per semester while receiving a scholarship. Information on financial aid requirements and scholarship criteria is available at the OU Financial Aid Web Site.