Ohio University and Connect Ohio
2013 Appalachian Broadband Review
ATHENS – On Thursday, March 21, Ohio University’s J. Warren McClure School of Information and Telecommunications Systems, in conjunction with Connect Ohio, hosted the 2013 Appalachian Broadband Review at Baker University Center, Ballroom B, 1 Park Place, Athens, Ohio, as part of the School's ITS Day 2013.
The event presented an opportunity for students, educators, residents, and other Appalachian community stakeholders to learn about a topic that has tremendous impact on the future of Ohio and included presentations from providers involved in solving the broadband challenges in the region. Connect Ohio’s 2012 Residential Technology Survey shows that Ohio surged to a 71% adoption rate, while only 53% of residents in rural Appalachia Ohioans subscribe to broadband service, well below the national average of 66%. The event included a panel discussion about broadband in Appalachian Ohio.
· Keynote: Linda Kenworthy, Business Development Manager of Intel Americas
· Stu Johnson, Executive Director of Connect Ohio
· Marcus Bost, Vice President of Sales, ADS IT Solutions
· Denis Walsh, Chief Relationship Officer, OARnet
· Dave George, General Manager of South East Ohio, Frontier Communications
· Dave Hannum, Vice President and Managing Partner, New Era Broadband
· Marianne Townsend, Chief, Telecom Public Utilities Commission of Ohio Utilities Dept./Telecom Division
This was a free event: open to the public and media.
email@example.com or 614-313-6951