Office: Room 155 Gordy Hall
155 Gordy Hall
Athens, OH 45701 USA
Greetings from Athens, Ohio! I have been involved in
intercultural education and ESL for the last twenty years. I first
became involved in international work during a study abroad sojourn to
Brazil. Since that time, I've made stops in Korea (Peace Corps), Japan
(Faculty Exchange), Yogoslavia (Fulbright), and Hungary (USIA teacher
training). Throughout these travels, I have learned a great deal about
other cultures, US culture, and myself. I enjoy traveling and
interacting with people from different parts of the world. If you are
interested in any of the topics below, contact me via e-mail (email@example.com) or by
mail (155 Gordy Hall, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio 45701 USA).
- Intercultural communication training for education
and business environments. I particularly enjoy studying intercultural
interaction between Japanese and North Americans, and between Koreans
and North Americans.
- Korean and Japanese language and culture. I have
taught Japanese language and culture classes and would love to design a
training course Korean and North American intercultural programs.
- ESL/EFL Teacher Training. I have been involved in
teacher training programs for Hungarian, Palestinean, Israeli, South
African, Korean, and Japanese EFL teachers.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Dept. Linguistics, Ohio
- Study Abroad Coordinator, Japan Program; Ohio
- Senior Lecturer, Ohio Program of Intensive English
(OPIE), Ohio University
- Fulbright Scholar. University of Nis, Yugoslavia
- Lecturer. Chubu University, Japan.
- Peace Corps Volunteer. Republic of Korea.
- Ohio University, Ph.D. Intercultural Communication;
Member Phi Beta Delta International Honor Society
- Ohio University, M.A. TEFL/Linguistics.
Recent Professional Presentations
- "Teaching Korean Students in Intensive ESL Programs"
TESOL Conference, Chicago.
- "A Study of Japanese and American Intercultural
Relations." Research Perspectives in Adult Language Learning and
Acquisition (RP-ALLA) Conference.
- "Cross-cultural Communication and Accommodation."
Ohio Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- "Teacher Training in Eastern Europe." NAFSA
Conference, Chicago, IL.
- "Global Education and the ESL Teacher." NAFSA/TESOL
Regional Convention, Louisville, KY.
- United States Information Agency (USIA), Hungarian
EFL Teacher Training
- University Consortium for Intensive English Programs
(UCIEP), Eastern European Teacher Training
- Peace Corps, PCV training
- Honor Society Phi Beta Delta, TESOL, SIETAR,
OhioTESOL, NORVA (Northeast Ohio Returned Peace Corps Volunteers)
- Japanese, Korean (advanced); Serbo-Croatian (limited
use); Chinese (elementary study)