Public Health Sciences and Professions
- Students will acquire a basic knowledge in health and health sciences and in their specific program areas and disciplines.
- Students will exhibit a balance of learned theory and practices within the professional setting of their choice.
- Students will exhibit the highest level of ethical and professional attitudes and behaviors.
- Students will have the ability to communicate effectively, using oral and written techniques and approaches.
- Students will demonstrate competency in utilizing modern technological methods and equipment.
- Students will have the ability to analyze professional strengths, shortcomings, and skill levels with regard to personal evaluations (i.e., self assessments).
- Students will utilize their knowledge base acquired in health sciences to synthesize creative and conceptual solutions to problems.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the availability, distribution, career path, and practice patterns of various types of health professionals in their specific program area.
- Students will exhibit an understanding of the relationship between human health and the environment.
- Students will learn to respect and embrace diversity in the classroom and the workplace.
- Students will understand the importance of learning "outside the classroom" in terms of participation in professional development opportunities and activities.
- Graduate students will demonstrate advanced analytical skills and knowledge needed for administrative and managerial endeavors.