- Demonstrate an understanding of at least one principal form
of artistic expression and the creative process inherent within.
- Be able to use the appropriate vocabulary to articulate a
reflective, critical evaluation of examples in that art form.
- Create, collaborate, participate in, or interpret a work
- Demonstrate the ability to perceive meanings and
organizational systems in traditional and contemporary visual arts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of combining the
elements of music to create art.
- Utilize the appropriate vocabulary to evaluate examples of
art or the creative process.
- Integrate their ideas with those of others to create or
interpret a work of art.
- Identify differences between various musical forms and
- Understand historical aspects, compositional tenets or
conventions of each style period.
- Have a strengthened sense of curiosity about the art form
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the vocabulary used to describe
the art form.
- Participate in a theater production, concert, dance, etc.
- Demonstrate an ability to read basic temporal and pitch
notation in music.