TABLE SALES and SINGLE TICKET SALES are now closed. If you have questions about the leadership gala please feel free to contact the Career and Leadership Development Center at 740-593-2909 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To show appreciation and encouragement of student leadership at Ohio University by identifying student involvement and excellence through an awards recognition ceremony.
History and Description
This is the 30th Anniversary of The Leadership Recognition Reception, which was established in 1983 to recognize the outstanding work of individuals and student organizations on the Ohio University campus and its surrounding community. In 2008, for the event's 25th anniversary, the Division of Student Affairs transformed the reception to what is now known as its "premier event": The Leadership Awards Gala - a grand evening in celebration of our students and their outstanding demonstration of character, commitment, civility, community, and citizenship.
- Blackburn/Spencer Scholarship and Achievement Awards
- Latino Heritage Achievement Award
- Francine Childs Diversity Leadership Award
- The Edwin L. Kennedy Leadership Award for Outstanding Community Service (Student Organization)
- The Edwin L. Kennedy Leadership Award for Outstanding Community Service (Individual)
- Outstanding Graduate Student Leader Awards (Doctoral)
- Outstanding Graduate Student Leader Awards (Master)
- Outstanding Senior Leader Awards (individuals)
- The Pepsi Ohio University Campus Leadership Scholarships
- The Rudy Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Student Leadership (individual)
- The Stonewall Leadership Award (individual)
- Women's Issues Leadership Awards (individual)
- Charles J. Ping International Student Leadership Award (individual)
- Outstanding Programming Awards
Finalists for all awards are notified ahead of time. Recipients of each award will be notified during the evening's program.