FIRST PRIZE AWARD $200
SECOND PRIZE AWARD $50
To stimulate and encourage undergraduate excellence in writing and research in the field of law, justice, and culture. It is our goal that students will reach a deeper understanding and appreciation of law's constitutive and formative role in cultural, political, and social life.
Any Ohio University Athens undergraduate student.
- The paper may be written on any topic relevant to law, justice, and culture. Research papers, essays, and creative writing will all be considered.
- The paper must be the work of a single author.
- It may have been previously submitted in a course, however, a clean copy must be submitted for this competition.
- The paper must be typed, double-spaced, with footnotes wherever applicable, and should not exceed 25 pages.
- The student's name must not appear anywhere on the paper in order to keep the author's identity anonymous; papers will be numbered for judging purposes. Please include title of paper on top of page 1.
- The student must prepare a cover sheet with his/her name, student ID number, local and permanent home address, mail address, and telephone number. This information is to appear only on the cover sheet.
- Among the criteria considered significant will be clarity, focus and development of the subject or problem, quality of evidence, use of sources, and originality.
Papers should be submitted to the Center for Law, Justice & Culture by the deadline, to be announced. Papers can be submitted any time between now and the deadline. Papers should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: LJC Essay Competition.
If you have questions, call 740-593-1338 or email email@example.com.