Our Mission and Core Values
Kids on Campus is a rural partnership that empowers underserved, at-risk children and their families in the realization of their full potential through educational, nutritional and recreational opportunities.
Guiding the organization are the beliefs that every child has the potential to succeed, education is the key to the future, and a supportive home and community environment is essential to achieving educational and social potential.
- Provide low-income, at-risk children with the opportunity to enhance academic and life skills through high-quality out-of-school programming.
- Give priority in enrollment (75%) to children determined to be academically at-risk or whose families qualify for free and reduced lunches.
- Bring together educational institutions, businesses, agencies, and community members to aid in the governance, implementation, and evaluation of the Kids on Campus programs.
- Provide transportation for all students who need it.
- Create and implement a multidisciplinary and multicultural curriculum.
- Maintain or increase students’ mastery of concepts taught in reading and mathematics.
- Serve as a model program that will encourage and challenge other communities to develop partnerships to provide services for economically disadvantaged children.
- Continue expanding educational experiences to families, schools, and communities.
- Provide nutritious meals and snacks to all participants.
- Demonstrate healthy approaches to resolving conflicts, solving problems and making decisions.
- Ensure a safe environment for the program.
- Secure the necessary funding to make Kids on Campus programming available to all at-risk children and families.