Mission & Vision
The Office of International Student and Faculty Services contributes to the global mission of the University by providing services and support for the international community and by furthering their personal and intellectual development. In addition, we collaborate with the greater university community to advance global diversity on campus, to foster transformative intercultural experiences, and to promote the development of global leaders.
Purpose & Goals
The Office of International Student and Faculty Services (ISFS) is here to serve all internationals in any way possible. Responsibilities of the ISFS include providing information and assistance on immigration matters; acting as a liaison with sponsoring agencies and foreign governments; providing information on campus and community services available to international student and faculty members; and promoting intercultural exchange programs between international students and the University community.
Our Purpose and Goals
- Assisting international students to achieve their academic objectives.
- Advocating on behalf of international students.
- Encouraging international and U.S. students to learn from one another.
- Playing a role to expand the University's appreciation for cultural diversity.
International Student Assistance
- Arrival . Limited van services from the Port Columbus Airport to Athens during the week before orientation is available. After students have arrived on campus, ISFS helps them to obtain temporary housing and provides them with information on the Athens community.
- Advisors. The ISFS staff is comprised of people who are truly interested in the well-being of international students. They have extensive training and experience to assist students in meeting their educational goals and objectives, and to interpret United States rules and regulations. You can see our Staff information online.
- Financial Aid. ISFS provides information on "merit" scholarships for international students, as well as on available graduate assistance and fellowships. ISFS also can arrange fee payment extensions for emergency situations to currently enrolled students at Ohio University. Visit the PACE website for more information.
- Information. ISFS provides information on such international University and community programs and organizations as the Ohio Program of Intensive English and the International Student Union, as well as information on health insurance, cultural adjustment, banking, budgeting, and local, state, and federal taxes.
- Practica. ISFS, in conjunction with the College of Education, provides practicum opportunities for graduate students to gain experience in the areas of international advising, administration, and cross-cultural programming.