Alcohol Edu/Haven, are online alcohol education and sexual violence harm-reduction courses. Both are mandatory for all first-year students at Ohio University. Haven provides specific definitions pertaining to sexual misconduct. Alcohol Edu incorporates evidence-based methods to empower students to make well-informed decisions that will contribute to a safe campus environment for everyone. You'll find the courses are interesting and gets you involved. It includes instant feedback, video clips, and comparisons to other college students. It takes about 2 ½ hours to complete and can be taken on any computer that has audio capabilities and is connected to the Internet. Complete details are below.
Log-in to both Alcohol Edu and Haven separately using your Ohio University email address and password.
Alcohol Edu Log-in: https://v9.alcoholedu.com/login/default.aspx?id=ohioualc
Who is required to take it?
All first-year Ohio University students are required to successfully complete AlcoholEdu/Haven for College.
- College credit hours earned in high school do not exempt you from this requirement, regardless of the number of hours you earned.
- If you are transferring from another college or university, and have transferred less than 30 credit hours to Ohio University, you must take AlcoholEdu/Haven.
- If you are relocating to the Athens campus from a regional campus of Ohio University and have less than 30 credit hours, you must take AlcoholEdu/Haven.
- If you can document that you have successfully completed AlcoholEdu for College elsewhere, you can provide documentation to Health Promotion (firstname.lastname@example.org) and request exemption from this requirement.
AlcoholEdu/Haven includes three surveys that measure your alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are strictly confidential; Ohio University will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see your individual answers. Truthful answers - no matter what they are – will not put you at risk for any repercussions.
Getting started and deadlines (Fall Semester)
You may begin taking Alcohol Edu/Haven for College on July 28,2014. All you need to take the course is a computer with access to the Internet and audio capabilities. The course has two sections:
- The first part of the course takes about 2.5 hours to complete, and we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings. This section ends with the Final Exam and Survey 2. You must earn a grade of 80 or higher to pass the course. If you fail to achieve an 80, you need to retake the Final Exam until you do. The deadline for finishing this section of the course is August 25, 2014.
- About a month and a half after you complete the Final Exam and Survey 2, you will receive an email asking you to complete Chapter 4 and a brief, final survey. The total time needed for this section is approximately 15 minutes. The deadline to complete this section of the course is October 22, 2014.
Directions for taking Alcohol Edu for Parents:
(link will open in a new window)
follow the instructions at this site.
Under "New User" enter the following Login ID:
FOR PARENTS: P204857PARENT
This program is designed to help parents talk to their student about behavioral expectations and alcohol use.