Enrollment Stats - Help Sheet
What can I use enrollment information for?
- Planning, assessment, and reporting with respect to curricula and academic programs
- Assessment of subsidy levels
- Input for grants, research, brochures and other documents
Examples of questions that may be addressed:
- Which majors are most heavily enrolled and how does this vary by student rank and sex?
- How have enrollments changed over time?
- What class ranks are enrolled in my college or department?
- What are the subsidy levels for undergraduate or graduate students in my college?
What enrollment information is available?
Enrollment headcounts by rank and demographics:
- Rank and Sex
- Rank and Race
- Rank and Age
- Rank and Residence (Ohio/Non-Ohio)
- Rank and Ohio County
- Rank and State Residence (all states)
- Rank and Living Arrangement
- Rank and Subsidy Type
Breakdowns by rank involving academic measures:
- Enrollment Headcounts by Major, Rank, and Sex
- Enrollment Headcounts by Rank and College
- Enrollment Headcounts by Rank and Number of Courses Carried
- Enrollment Headcounts by Rank and Credit Hours Carried (total campus)
- Enrollment Headcounts by Full/Part-time Status by Rank
- Enrollment Headcounts by Full/Part-time Status by Rank and Sex
- Course Counts by Rank and Subsidy Type
- Credit Hour Counts by Rank and Subsidy Type
Customized breakdowns using a query builder (see last section).
How do I find information for a major, college, or campus?
- For prepared tables, go to the Institutional Research (IR) front page
- Click on "Enrollment Stats" (upper left hand corner)
- Click on "Athens Campus Enrollment Statistics" or "Regional Campuses Enrollment Statistics"
- Click on academic quarter of interest
- In the table of contents find the campus of interest
- Click on the type of information of interest
- For major information, click on "Distribution of majors by rank and sex"
- For college information, click on "Distribution by rank and college"
Note: Some college information is associated with majors in "Distribution of majors by rank and sex."
The remaining breakdowns present campus-wide information.
How can I get a breakdown if it is not listed in the table of contents?
A query builder is available to faculty and staff to create customized breakdowns of information which do
not appear in the table of contents. The query builder permits you to create breakdowns using any combination of the
data elements, for quarters tallied singly or combined, and for campuses tallied
singly or combined. For example, you can obtain breakdowns for your major or college by any of the other data
elements. Results are presented in terms of enrollment headcounts and/or credit hours. The query builder includes a
help function to illustrate how to use the query builder.
To access the query builder:
- On the IR front page, click on "Restricted Access Data" (upper right hand corner of page)
- Enter the OAK ID and password you use to access your email.
- Click on "Enrollment Statistics and Student Characteristics Query Builder" (near bottom of page).
- You can select data elements to define the breakdown you want.
- You will see a page summarizing your query and providing options of output to an Excel file (for your own
analysis), a text file, or to the browser.
- For help in using the query builder click on "Query Builder Help" on the query builder front page.