How will this Project Affect You?
The Compensation 2014 Project launched in April, 2012. The project which covers approximately 1800 employees, will impact our current administrative/professional and classified employee pay plans. Below, impacted employees can find a summary of what this project will mean for them:
- A freeze of job evaluations began on May 17, and will run through the summer of 2013.
- The evaluation of job descriptions for new or vacant positions for purposes of the employment process is an exception to the freeze.
- There will be an audit process in the new plan, but the intent is that the new plan will reduce the audit demand.
- Part of the project is to collect accurate job descriptions for our current administrative/professional and classified employees.
- Ohio University and Aon Hewitt are working together to create an efficient electronic method for collecting this information. We will keep you informed on our progress and will provide advance notice as to when you can expect to be called upon to collect and enter your information.
- The University will continue to follow current policies until the new plans are designed.
- No employee's current base pay rate will be reduced.
- Market information will be carefully considered in the development of the new pay structures.
- A performance management system will be implemented for administrative/professional and classified employees.
We appreciate your assistance in completing a project that will improve our ability to recruit and retain talented employees. If you have any questions, please contact the Compensation Project Team at email@example.com.