Directions For Applying
Directions for Applying for Parental Leave during the Pilot Program
- Speak with your supervisor/chair/director as soon as possible to allow her/him sufficient time to plan for your absence. Some general resources relating to issues relating to conversations about parental leave have been compiled and posted.
- Review the Pilot Parental Leave Guidelines. Additional guidance is available for faculty and for administrative and non-bargaining unit classified staff.
- Fill out the "FMLA Application Form" found on the Human Resources Forms page http://www.ohio.edu/hr/forms/index.cfm.
- Fill out the Pilot Parental Leave Form http://www.ohio.edu/hr/forms/index.cfm.
- For unpaid time: If you are taking accrued vacation or sick time, fill out the "Unpaid Leave of Absence Request Form" http://www.ohio.edu/hr/forms/index.cfm found on the Human Resources forms page and secure the appropriate approval. If you have any questions about unpaid leave, please contact Carlotta Hensler at email@example.com.
- If you have elected to work part time during your parental leave, please review the suggested templates for part-time work and then complete the "Pilot Parental Leave Part-Time Form." http://www.ohio.edu/hr/forms/index.cfm