- Residential Housing Home
- Returning Student Room Selection
- First Year Room Selection
- Department Profile
- Contracts & Assignments
- Residential Education
- Residence Halls
- University Apartments
- Guest & Interim Housing
- Planning & Assessment
- Staff Only Processes
- Campus Involvement Center
- Campus Recreation
- Career & Leadership Development Center
- Community Standards & Student Responsibility
- Commuter Student Services
- Conference Services
- Counseling & Psychological Services
- Culinary Services
- Division of Student Affairs
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Health Promotion
- Maintenance (Facilities Management)
- Off-Campus Living
- Office of Information Technology
- Ohio University Police (OUPD)
- Parking Services
- Path to Promise
- Student Health Services
- University Custodial Services
About Our Programming : Academic Collaboration : Outstanding Programs
Residence hall programming is an integral part of Ohio University's educational mission. Residential Housing staff view residence halls as more than a place to rest one's head. Our residence halls are places to experience growth as a result of living in an educational community. Residence Hall staff implement programs as a means of supporting this growth.
Programs come in many forms. They can be initiatives that happen inside of the hall, such as discussions with faculty and administrators about community issues, bulletin boards that promotes sound study skills, social events, or recreational activities. Programs can also occur when staff members facilitate attendance at events elsewhere on campus, or even off campus. These programs can include lectures, athletic events, performances, community service trips, or even trips out of the state.
Our senior staff members are student affairs professionals who train and support the paraprofessional staff so that they can implement quality programs that support both the academic and personal interests of our residents.
In keeping with the the spirit of the Values of OHIO (The 5 Cs - character, community, citizenship, civility, and commitment), our programming is grounded in college student development theory and guided by our departmental values:
- Health and Safety: We value residential facilities both on and off campus that are safe, secure, and healthy for students and staff while educating students to live safely and make responsible life choices.
- Scholarship: We value scholastic environments and opportunities that enhance academic success.
- Citizenship: We value personal responsibility, community involvement, and acting for the public good.
- Student Development: We value the personal growth and development of students.
- Diversity: We value civility, respect, appreciation, and in-depth understanding of diversity including the ability to put knowledge into meaningful action.
We believe that all of our programming values, goals, and learning outcomes are, to varying extents, applicable to all college students. Every student attending Ohio University brings with them their own unique experience. We respect this diversity of experience and strive to tailor our programming to meet them where they are. Though we cannot realistically ensure that all residents achieve mastery of our programming goals, we aim to expose all residents to information and experiences that promote these goals.