- Residential Housing Home
- Department Profile
- Contracts & Assignments
- Residential Education
- Residence Halls
- University Apartments
- Guest & Interim Housing
- Planning & Assessment
- Housing Master Plan
- Staff Only Processes
- Campus Involvement Center
- Campus Recreation
- Career Services
- Commuter Student Services
- Conference Services
- Counseling & Psychological Services
- Culinary Services
- Division of Student Affairs
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Health Promotion
- Maintenance (Facilities Management)
- Off-Campus Living
- Office of Information Technology
- Ohio University Police (OUPD)
- Parking Services
- Path to Promise
- Student Health Services
- University Custodial Services
Student Interim Housing
Interim / Temporary Housing is designed to house Ohio University students who need temporary housing accommodations during official University break periods as well as at the end of spring term and prior to the opening of fall term. Interim / Temporary housing charges are added to the student’s university account. Meals are at the student’s expense and preference.
Linen’s and towel packets are available for purchase or you may bring your own. New international students attending OHIO will be provided with a linen packet upon their arrival to campus. The linen packet will include bed sheets, a pillow, blanket, washcloths and towels. A $75 non-refundable charge will be added directly to the student’s account. These packets are mandatory for new international students and can not be waived or returned.
Who is Eligible?
Any registered Ohio University student. Space is limited. You will receive an email confirmation of your reservation along with the building name of where you should check in upon arrival to campus.
Approximately $29 per student per night. This fee will be automatically charged to your student account upon making your reservation on-line.
Cancellation of reservations must be received at least 72 hours prior to the reservation date. To cancel your reservation, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a cancellation number for your records. If notification of cancellation is not received 72 hours prior to reservation date, your student account will be billed for the original reservation dates.
When can I make a reservation?
We will begin accepting on-line reservations February 12, 2013. Interim / Temporary Housing will be available from Friday, March 1, 2013 through Saturday, March 9, 2013. Reservations must be received by February 20th.
How do I make a reservation?
- Visit MyHousing
- Select 'Personal Preferences'
- Select Spring 2012-13 from the "The following information applies to" dropdown
- Answer the questions associated with SPRING BREAK
- Hit submit
I need interim / temporary housing at the beginning and end of the term...
If you need interim / temporary housing at the end of a term (beginning of the interim / temporary session) and at the beginning of the next term (end of the interim / temporary session), you must submit two reservations--one for each time period. Please contact email@example.com if you have questions.
How do I check in?
- When you arrive to campus, there will be a phone number listed at the call box outside of the exterior door of the building where interim/temporary housing will be held.
- A student employee will assist you in getting checked into your room. You will be assigned a key for the outside door of the building and for your room.
- You are not permitted to let other students stay in your room. Everyone residing in Interim / Temporary Housing must have a reservation.
How do I check out?
- Contact the building manager by calling the number posted or go to the staff office during office hours to check out.
- All assigned keys must be returned at checkout or your student account will be billed $80 for a lock change.
All room trash must be taken to the dumpster outside of the building before you check out. Cleaning charges will be added to your student account if the room is not clean and if trash has not been removed.
Click Here to Register Online for Interim / Temporary Housing through MyHousing