- Residential Housing Home
- First Year Room Selection
- Department Profile
- Contracts & Assignments
- Residential Education
- Residence Halls
- University Apartments
- Guest & Interim Housing
- Planning & Assessment
- Staff Only Processes
- Campus Involvement Center
- Campus Recreation
- Career & Leadership Development Center
- Community Standards & Student Responsibility
- Commuter Student Services
- Conference Services
- Counseling & Psychological Services
- Culinary Services
- Division of Student Affairs
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Health Promotion
- Maintenance (Facilities Management)
- Off-Campus Living
- Office of Information Technology
- Ohio University Police (OUPD)
- Parking Services
- Path to Promise
- Student Health Services
- University Custodial Services
Student Interim Housing
Interim / Temporary Housing is designed to house Ohio University students who need temporary housing accommodations during official University break periods as well as at the end of spring semester and prior to the opening of fall semester. Interim / Temporary housing charges are added to the student's university account. Meals are at the student's expense and preference.
Who is Eligible?
Summer Interim Period (May 3, 2014 – May 11, 2014):
Beginning Saturday, May 3, 2014, any current Residential Housing student needing to stay on-campus during the Summer Interim Period (Saturday, May 3 – Sunday, May 11) will be able to move into a room in Gamertsfelder Hall on East Green. Students may not stay in their academic year room assignment during the break period.
Students may apply for Interim Housing for Summer Interim Period beginning on Friday, April 4, 2014. Interim Housing rooms are limited and requests will be accommodated on a first-come, first-serve basis. After completing the online application for Interim / Temporary Housing you will receive an email confirmation regarding details of the check-in process.
Students who are staying in Gamertsfelder Hall for Summer Session One will be moved directly into their summer room assignment in Gamertsfelder.
The cost per student for Summer Interim Period housing is approximately $28 per night or $125 per week. This fee will be automatically charged to your student account upon making your reservation online.
No rental linens will be available for the Summer Interim Period. Students should bring their own linens.
Cancellation of reservations must be received at least 72 hours prior to the reservation date. To cancel your reservation, email email@example.com. You will receive a cancellation number for your records. If notification of cancellation is not received 72 hours prior to reservation date, your student account will be billed for the original reservation dates.
When can I make a reservation?
We will begin accepting online reservations for Interim / Temporary Housing beginning Friday, April 4, 2014.
How do I make a reservation?
- Visit: www.ohio.edu/myhousing
- Select 'Apply Online'
- Select Summer 2014 Interim / Temporary Application from the selection menu
- Answer the questions associated with the application
- Hit submit
How do I check-in?
- Check-in will be on Saturday, May 3, 2014 from 11:00am until 6:00pm at Gamertsfelder Hall
- Students may also check-in at the Gamertsfelder Hall Staff Office (1st floor) every night of Interim Housing between 8pm-10pm (May 3 – May 10)
- A student employee will assist you in getting checked into your room. You will be assigned a key for the outside door of the building and for your room.
How do I check out?
- Students staying in Gamertsfelder Hall during the Summer Interim period but NOT staying for Summer Session One will have to vacate their room and checkout with a staff member no later than Sunday, May 11 by 9:00am.
- Students staying in Gamertsfelder for Summer Interim Period and Summer Session One do not have to checkout on May 11.They will need to checkout at the end of their Summer Session courses.
I need Interim / Temporary Housing at the beginning and end of the term...
If you need Interim / Temporary Housing at the end of a term (beginning of the interim / temporary session) and at the beginning of the next term (end of the interim / temporary session), you must submit two reservations--one for each time period. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Click Here to Register Online for Interim / Temporary Housing through MyHousing