It's a Bobcat Family Reunion!
A preliminary schedule for Oct. 6-11, 2014 is outlined below. Check back as more details and events will be added in the weeks to come.
Monday, October 6
- Homecoming Kickoff at Baker University Center Hosted by Ohio University Student Affairs, the 5th annual Homecoming Kickoff will be held throughout Baker Center.
- Paint the Town Green: During Homecoming Week, the Student Alumni Board (SAB) will be partnering with local businesses and organizations on campus to collect canned food for the Athens Food Pantry. Last year, the event collected approximately 3,500 cans but we need your help to make this year's event bigger and better than years past! Locations for collection boxes will be announced soon, so please continue to check back for more details!
Friday, October 10
- Ohio University Alumni Association's Annual Awards Gala: Join the Ohio University Alumni Association Board of Directors and Ohio University Intercollegiate Athletics in celebrating the achievements of some of the University's most outstanding alumni and friends at the 2014 Alumni Awards Gala. The black-tie reception and dinner will be held at Baker University Center with dinner and the program.
- Historical Hayrides & Walking Tours at the Ridges, 5 p.m.: Join alumni, faculty, staff and community members to learn more about the history of one of the most intriguing spots on campus, The Ridges. There will be horse-drawn wagon and walking tours where you will learn the history of the buildings and how they are now used at Ohio University. Each tour participant will receive a complimentary OHIO mug that can be filled with hot chocolate while waiting for their tour. The cost is $5 per person and children under 3 are free.
- "Yell Like Hell" Bonfire: Hosted by Student Alumni Board (SAB) and the Ohio University Alumni Association. Get excited for this year’s "Yell Like Hell" pep rally and bonfire, invite your fellow Bobcats to come cheer for the Homecoming football game.
Saturday, October 11
- Alumni Coffee Hour at the Front Room, 9:30 a.m.: Before heading to the Homecoming parade, stop by the Front Room on the 4th floor of Baker University Center from 9:30 a.m. -10:30 a.m. and enjoy free coffee, hot chocolate and specialty drinks courtesy of the Ohio University Alumni Association. While you’re there, make sure to grab some OHIO giveaways to show your Bobcat pride throughout the day!
- Homecoming Parade, 10 a.m.: Hosted by University Program Council (UPC), the 2014 Homecoming Parade will celebrate “Bobcat Family Reunion” with spirited floats, banners and displays representing both the University and the surrounding community. Parade packets will be available in the near future, so check back for more details.
- Bobcat Bash at Tailgreat Park, 11:30 a.m.: A pre-Homecoming game Bobcat Bash will be held from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., immediately following the Homecoming Parade. Included in the price is music, picnic food, beverages (including beer and wine) and free OHIO merchandise.
- OHIO vs. Bowling Green: For Homecoming 2014 game tickets visit the OHIO Athletics website or reserve your tickets by calling (800) 575-2287.
- Golden Bobcat Reception at Konneker Alumni Center, 6 p.m.: In honor of this special milestone, the Ohio University Alumni Association is recognizing the Golden Bobcats. Join fellow 1964 graduates at a special reception following the game.
Homecoming 2013 recap
To read about the outstanding alumni honored at the 2013 annual Alumni Association Awards Gala, please click here.
To view highlights from the 2013 Homecoming weekend, please see the slideshow below from OHIO's YouTube Channel.