Graduate Student Senate was created a half a century ago to serve and represent graduate students and their interests at Ohio University.
Please browse through this website to find information about grants, workshops, elections, graduate student news, resolutions & minutes, health insurance and to contact your representatives on GSS. Our website is continually updated so check back frequently as we place new content online. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GSS, in partnership with Alden Library, is happy to announce the continuation of the Graduate Research Series @ Alden, which is a unique opportunity for OU graduate students to present their research process to the university community. It gives graduate students the opportunity to share their research process and discoveries made along the way to completing a project. In addition, students also get a valuable chance to present in front of an audience and discuss the challenges and opportunities that come along with conducting the research. This semester will were able to offer the stipend to two graduate students. Thank you for all of the superb applications.
- The Graduate Research Series @Alden Library will continue with a presentation by graduate student Reetobrata Basu, PHD student in Neuroscience. Basu will present “Conducting Research in Neuroscience: Humans to Worms and Back” on Wednesday, April 17 at 2 p.m. in Room 319 (Friends Room) at Alden Library. He will discuss his research process in using the worm (C. elegans) as a model to study a human protein, which could provide key information in targeting human diseases.
- Grad Fest Spring Graduation Celebration!
Friday, May 3
Drink specials begin at 8 p.m.
Jackie O's Brew Side
Details to Follow
Monday, Jan. 28 at 7:15 p.m. in Scripps Hall 111
- The GSS meeting schedule for Spring Semester will be as follows:
Monday, Feb. 11 at 7:15 p.m. in Scripps Hall 111
Monday, Feb. 25 at 7:15 p.m. in Scripps Hall 111
Monday, March 11 at 7: 15 p.m. in Scripps Hall 111
Monday, March 25 at 7: 15 p.m. in Scripps Hall 111
Monday, April 8 at 7:15 p.m. in Scripps Hall 116
Monday, April 22 at 7: 15 p.m. in Scripps Hall 111
- Graduate Student Senate is accepting applications for the 2012-2013 academic year! Please email email@example.com for more information.
- GSS is in the news! Recent news articles about GSS have been uploaded here.
- If you have questions or concerns that you would like GSS to address, please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org to learn m
- ore about Student Speakout or other ways that we can be of assistance.
- Visit the Links section below to check out our new Facebook!
GSS Listserv Instructions