Current Student FAQ

How can I appeal a grade?

Please read and follow the grade appeal policy that can be found on the Office of the Ombudsman's website.

How can I become a resident of Ohio?

To see information on becoming an Ohio resident, click here. To petition to become an Ohio resident, you will need to submit a Request for Residency Review form that can be found on our Forms page under Applications and Admission. Read and carefully follow the instructions and return the form along with any supporting documentation to the Graduate College.

Why do I have a hold on my account even though I have already graduated?

Graduate students are eligible to register only when they are in a current academic program.  Once you graduate, you need a new status with the university to continue to register.  The hold is placed to prevent additional registration, but it will not affect your ability to request transcripts, receive your diploma, or do any other business with the University. 

When do I need to bring a pink registration slip to the Graduate College?

Registration slips are only accepted by the Graduate College after the 15th day of the semester and only if all holds have been removed from the student account. If you need to turn in a registration slip prior to the 15th day of the semester, take it directly to the Office of the Registrar.

Registering for a course after the 15th day will result in a $5 charge to your fee bill as long as you are already registered for at least one other course. If you need to register late for the entire semester (meaning you have not registered for any courses), you will be billed a late registration fee ranging between $40 and $100 on your fee bill.