Application and Admission Process
Thank you for your interest in graduate study at Ohio University. Please read our Admission Requirements and the following before proceeding:
Submit your application at least six weeks prior to your intended start term. For international students who need to apply for a Visa, submit your application as least nine months prior to your intended start term.
Application fee(s) are NON-REFUNDABLE including applications submitted in error.
|Initial/first Graduate Degree (includes MBA/MSA dual degree)|
|US Citizens/Permanent Residents
|Reapplication to Complete a Degree||$25||USD|
|Non-Degree to Degree||$15||USD|
Application information for McNair Scholars
Applying for Graduate AdmissionYou are responsible for reading and understanding the admission policies and procedures in the Graduate Catalog as indicated below before applying.
One application is required per degree program to which you are applying.
Test Scores - must be sent directly to Ohio University (Institutional Code: 1593).
- For all non-native speakers of English: You will need your official TOEFL or IELTS score report sent. See English Proficiency for further information.
- Additional subject-specific tests may be required by your department.
- Official Transcripts - information regarding required transcripts can be found in the Graduate Catalog.
- International Students Only –
- Official, final diploma and/or certificate in native language with English translation
- Once you have been recommended for admission, you will be notified and asked to supply additional financial documentation
Information about your application status cannot be disclosed over the telephone or to any third party not specifically designated by you. If you wish to give another person access to your application information, list that person’s name in the space provided on the application form.
· Spring semester 2013 degree or non-degree seeking
· Summer semester 2013 degree seeking
· Summer semester 2013 non-degree seeking will be available February 1, 2013
· Fall semester 2013 degree seeking
· Fall semester 2013 non-degree seeking will be available March 1, 2013
· Spring semester 2014 degree seeking will be available January 31, 2013
· Spring semester 2014 non-degree seeking will be available August 1, 2013
Not all programs admit every term. Please contact the program directly to confirm they will accept an application for the term of your choice before you submit an application. Application fees are not refundable.
Change of Application Term or Deferral of Admission Offer
If you need to change the term to which you applied, or if you cannot begin in the term to which you have been admitted, you must request a change of application or admission term using the Deferral Request Form. If the deferral is for an enrollment term more than one year beyond the term originally requested on the application, you will need to resubmit an application and pay the reapplication fee.