Welcome, and thank you for considering the Culinary Services Department for employment!
Culinary Services can offer you a paycheck and more. Consider the following benefits received by all of Culinary Services' student employees:
- Student starting wages range from $7.95 to $8.25/hr. Earn $1.00/hr. more for working hard-to-fill bonus shifts.
- We will schedule your work around your classes and you may work up to 20 hours per week (Ohio University policy).
- Advancement to student leader positions will earn you a base rate of $8.40/hr. plus earned raises and free meals when you work.
- Valuable work experience for your resume.
- Awards and recognition for outstanding work.
- Chances to meet a variety of people as we employ over 1,600 student workers.
Culinary Services offers opportunities to learn about our business and earn college credit through internships. Many students have earned class credit working in the dining halls and on special projects at Central Food Facility. Field experiences are well suited for students majoring in any business area especially marketing, graphic design, food service management, and dietetics. Students must have permission from their academic advisor in order to obtain class credit and a general area of interest. Call 740.593.2974 for more information.
Specific departmental duties include:
- Preparation and serving of three meals a day (2 on Sunday) in three dining halls throughout the academic year.
- Operation of Markets (convenience stores) at Nelson, Boyd and Jefferson.
- Operation of all food concepts in Baker University Center. These include the Front Room Coffeehouse, Latitude 39 (a casual dining restaurant), Bobcat Essentials (clothing, gifts, computer supplies, and snack items), and West 82 Food Court with the following seven concepts: Southwest/Mexican, Italian/Pizza, Asian/Indian, N.Y. Deli, Grill, Grab N Go, and a salad/soup station.
- Operation of Café BiblioTech (small coffee house on the 2nd floor of Alden)
- Banquet and catering services for university organizations and the general public.
- Assistance in the administration of the Bobcat Cash debit card system.
- Administration of all campus vending contracts, including residence hall laundries.
- Purchasing of all food products.
- Staff training and development.
- Support of the University's academic mission through internships and field experience.
Spring 2014 Applicants: Please select the appropriate link:
Apply to a Dining Court/Hall, Grab N Go or West 82 Food Court
Apply to a Campus Market, Café, or Bobcat Essentials
Apply to Central Food Facility
Apply to Ohio University Catering or Latitude 39
Culinary Services is currently utilizing a central hiring process. For information regarding employment opportunities, please email our central hiring staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you complete an application, please allow a week for our staff to determine if there are any positions that need to be filled.
Download the 2013-2014 Student Handbook