Federal Work Study
Federal Work-Study is a federally funded aid program that provides University and community service work positions to qualifying Ohio University students. Students must meet the financial aid requirement to qualify for a position. To apply, students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
How do I apply for Federal Work-Study?
- Complete the FAFSA online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Mark 'yes' to the question on the FAFSA that asks if you are interested in student employment
- Eligibility is determined in late spring
- Students must complete a new FAFSA by early February of each year for continued consideration
- Students may NOT hold a federal work-study and a PACE position at the same time
What happens if I am awarded Federal Work-Study?
- Students will have access to Online Services
- From this website, students can choose from a wide variety of positions including:
Administrative Office Assistant
A-V Equipment Operator/Projectionist
Aquatic Center Lifeguard
Bird Ice Arena Facility Assistant
Assistant Producer Health Vision
Assistant to Media Supervisor
Career Resource Center Work Study
Assistant Systems Analyst
And many others…
Audio-Visual Web Designer
- After selecting a position, employer contact information is provided; no interviews for FWS positions are required.
- Visit your employer to arrange your work schedule.
What should I do if I am not awarded Federal Work-Study?
If a federal work-study award does not appear on your award letter, then you are not eligible for the program at that time. However, occasionally throughout the year additional funding becomes available. If you would like to be considered for this program and you have filed your FAFSA form, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid to be placed on a waiting list. You may also explore similar job opportunities that do not have a financial need requirement on our Hourly Employment web page.
Early February - Complete the FAFSA; (allow 4 weeks to process)
March 15 - FAFSA results are reviewed for consideration
Early April -Incoming freshman awards are available
Mid May -Upper class awards are available
- University employment positions
- Must meet financial need requirement: complete FAFSA
- Hours: up to 7 hours per week for Spring Semester 2014
- Base rate: $7.95 per hour
- Undergraduate students only
- Positions available Fall and Spring semesters