Financial Management System Online Training
Click on any underlined link below to view the online training demonstration movie or to view the handouts.
Navigate the training movies using the image below as a guide.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE TASKS
This view is useful when researching the details of an invoice and can be used to search for:
- Invoices scheduled for payment
- Invoices that have been paidThe account numbers that were used to pay an invoice
- Invoices paid to a specific supplier
- Invoices paid against a Purchase Order
- Payment made for a Travel Expense Report
- Payment made to cover PCARD purchases
Note: Invoices include: Direct Payment Forms, Travel Expense Reports, and Invoices paid on Purchase Orders.
- This view can be used to search for and view, in summary form, a specific purchase order and can also be used to find:
- Approval date of the purchase order
- Information that the supplier received on their purchase order
- Account distribution associated with each line item
- Notes to receiving areas on campus that give specific direction for delivery of goods Whether there have been any invoice payments, by line item and purchase order total
- Invoices received for the purchase order and amounts paid on each invoice
GENERAL LEDGER TASKS
Funds Available View
This view can be used to:
- Find available funds by Cost Center, allowing you to compare budget to actual and encumbrances
- Find all Cost Center summaries for a Planning Unit (comparable to the M110 report) Find Natural Account detail by Cost Center (comparable to M100 report)
- Find expenditure detail by Natural Account (comparable to M900 report)
- Produce a monthly Income Statement by Natural Account for one or more Cost Centers
- Create your own queries using one or more account code segments
These training movies will be useful to find out how much budget is available and view actual dollars spent and dollars encumbered by both cost center and natural account. It can be used to view all expenditures for a particular natural account or to create a real-time income statement for one or more cost centers.
This view is NOT available for Grant or Plant accounts. Please see the Project Accounting section for training movies for these accounts.