How to Get a Purchasing Card
- The Purchasing Card is a University credit card that delegates small dollar purchasing power to individual University employees.
- The PCard allows the cardholder to charge work-related expenses directly to the appropriate University account.
- Only University employees may be issued a PCard.
- The PCard may be used for business purposes only, and all purchases must comply with all Ohio University Policy & Procedure, in particular the Travel & Entertainment policies in section 41, and the Purchasing policies in section 55.
- Applicants must complete a mandatory training session before receiving a card.
- A cardholder must comply with all applicable policies and procedures to retain use of the card.
Controlled Value Card
The CV Card is the perfect answer when tight controls are needed.
The Controlled Value (CV) Card is essentially a PCard with a difference: An expiration date and a life-of-the card total overall dollar limit that you choose! For information on obtaining a Student Organization Controlled Value Card, please refer to Student Organizations in the Office of the Bursar.
CV Cards can be issued as:
- A preferred alternative to the Travel Advance - no need to carry cash or refund unused dollars after-the-fact!
- A PCard for faculty or staff with limited needs - when use will be for a strictly limited time and/or overall dollar amount.
- A method for budget managers to better control and predict spending - when tight controls are needed, no worries about overspending!
- A more convenient, simpler alternative for faculty or staff currently using department head or department secretary pcards for airline tickets, conference registrations and hotel reservations - when you have your own card, no more confusion or difficulties caused by cardholder name not matching the traveler's name.