The Ohio University Payroll Department processes bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls for the Athens and regional campuses.
Office Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday- Friday US Postal Address:
169 W Union Street Payroll Department
HRTC - RM 221 HRTC Rm 221
Athens, Ohio 45701 1 Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701-2979
Phone (740) 593-1860
Fax (740) 597-2137
In case of a weather related emergency closure, please refer to the Payroll Procedures webpage for instructions about paying employees during the weather emergency.
- Read the Emergency Closure Notice 2.12.15
Uniform Taxable Benefit Process
Ohio University is implementing a new campus-wide process that will create consistency among departments when determining if uniforms or clothing provided to an employee is a taxable benefit. Read more...
- Departments will use the Decision Tree Form for guidance when determining the taxability of uniforms
- If the uniform is taxable the department will complete the Record of Taxable Uniforms form
- Frequent Questions: Taxability of Uniforms Provided
The Affordable Care Act requires employers to report the cost of coverage under an employer-sponsored group health plan. When filing your personal tax return for calendar year 2014, you may be required to indicate if you had qualifying health care coverage for you and any covered dependents (if filing jointly). Visit the Benefits Home page for more information.
- The 2015 Payroll Calendar is posted. Employees are reminded that the payroll payment occurs on the actual payroll date. For employees not participating in direct deposit, pay checks are mailed via US Mail two days prior to the pay date.