Budget Development Tools
These resources are intended for individuals involved in the current year detailed budget development.
If you are interested in learning more about the general budget process and related resources, please view the “Budget Basics” section of our website.
- THE Budget Sheet FY15 submission deadline is April 30, 2014
- Budget Packets have been populated and are saved on the shared drive
- Please read Budget Packet Tips before populating any new data
- Detailed instructions are also available
- Budget Packet submission deadlines have been changed as follows:
- Group A — June 13
- Group B — June 20
- Group C — June 27
- For detailed information and updates on THE Budget Sheet and Budget Packet submissions, please reference the guidance sent via email April 16, 2014
FY15 Budget Packet
This file is used for FY15 budget development. The budget packet has been modified to include THE Budget Sheet categories and structure.
Budget Packet Tips
This document contains tips to enable budget packet functionality.
Budget Packet Detailed Instructions
This document contains detailed guidance for completing budget packets.
Budget Packet Submission Schedule
This document contains the FY15 Budget Packet Submission Schedule for Groups A, B, and C.
RCM Revenue Allocations
This document contains Undergraduate Tuition & Fees Guarantee and Subsidy Allocations by Planning Unit.
Endowment Appropriations Report
This report contains FY2015 Net Spending Allocation Amounts by Planning Unit.
This spreadsheet outlines outstanding Direct Debt by Planning Unit. It is broken out by Debt Service (principal+interest), Principal, and Interest.
Administrative Budget Hearings
This blank budget packet can be used for new cost centers, cost centers that did not automatically prepopulate, or in place of any prepopulated budget packet if desired.
These instructions outline the technical components of how to complete a budget packet and what to include on each tab.
This schedule assigns Planning Units to one of three groups with a corresponding submission deadline.
Emailed on 4/5/13 & 4/8/13
This contains high level budget guidance used in the development of THE Budget Sheet, including:
- Summarized Budget Submission
- Fund Structure of THE Budget Sheet
- Revenue and Expense Projection Guidelines
- Forecasts for FY2015, FY2016, and FY2017
- PACE & Workstudy Example
Emailed on 5/15/13
This file provides specific details for use as budget packets are completed, including:
- THE Budget Sheet Accounts
- Allocation Amounts by Unit
- THE Budget Sheet Lines TIE OUT
- Grad Waivers, PACE & Workstudy, Grants & Foundation, Internally Restricted
- Natural Account Changes under RCM
Emailed on 6/14/13
This memo contains highlights and updates on THE Budget Sheet to Budget Packet Conversion, including:
- Tying out Salaries versus Benefits
- Budget Guidance
- Reconciliation of the final THE Budget Sheet vs. Budget Packets
- Budget Assistance