Classroom Space Issues
Classroom Scheduling: Policy 01.024
If you have concern regarding a room that is classified as "Classroom" and falls within the Priority or Central Schedule, please note:
- All rooms designated as "classrooms" in the University scheduling system are foundation for this policy as implemented by the Office of the University Registrar.
- Any requests for room type changes or exceptions to this policy, must be run through an appeals process.
- An appeals request will only be accepted by the Dean of a college.
- The Dean will submit a request for classroom room type change to the appeal team to the Director of Space Management/Facilities Planning and Space Management who will then bring forward to the appeal team.
- Classroom Room Type Request Form (Under Construction).
Classroom Review Team Guiding Principles:
- Consistently categorize room types to ensure accurate external reporting;
- Maximize the efficiency of classroom utilization for credit hour production;
- Balance need for faculty and student access to space with security of university assets
Request for change in classroom status: Request Form
Classroom Review Team:
- Interim Assoc Provost For Strategic Initiatives: Ann Fidler
- University Registrar: Deb Benton
- Assistant University Registrar: Bob Bulow
- Provost’s office: John Day
- Dean's office representative: Jeff Giesey
- Faculty: Jerry Miller, Scripps College of Communication
- Faculty TBD
- Director of Space Management: Shawna Bolin
- Once a request is received, the Classroom Appeal team will review and contact the college with questions as needed.
- If approved, Registrar’s office/Facilities Planning and Space Management will modify the room type in the scheduling and Space Database systems.
- If not approved, the team will send written notification to the Dean including the reasons not.